Advertisements
Advertisements
It is part of the Foster Parents' Bill of Rights that you are allowed to see your homestudy. What county are you in (you can PM me if you would rather)? We have not had an issue really with our county.... we are foster to POSSIBLY adopt if the right situation comes along, so it may be different.
(We are adopting our soon to be 2 year old. She has been with us for almost 19 months).
Christy
Advertisements
Unfortunately, I don't believe this applies in Alabama. We hae been "fighting the system" for over a year now. We have even hired an attorney. Marie Youngpeter, Head of Office of Adoptions, says she is trying to get the system changed, but who knows how long that will take. Meantime, we cannot get our home study sent to other states...except for one at a time. And, we see about seven kids in different states to whom we would like to send our home study. Thanks for your reply.
I am in Alabama. You can see the Alabama Foster Parents' Bill of Rights at [URL=http://www.afapa.org/]AFAPA[/URL]
Christy
[font=Courier New,Courier]Thanks for letting us know about this. I'm going to make sure I use this if I'm put in that situation. [/font]
[font=Courier New]:thankyou:[/font]
[font=Courier New]Information below copied directly from the Alabama Foster and Adoptive Parents Association Website:[/font]
[font=Courier New][/font]
[font=Courier New,Courier]Alabama Foster & Adoptive Parent Association[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Foster Parent Bill of Rights[/font]
ENROLLED, An Act,
Relating to the Department of Human Resources; to establish the Foster Parents' Bill of Rights Act.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF ALABAMA:
Section 1. There is hereby established and created the "Foster Parents' Bill of Rights Act."
Section 2. The Department of Human Resources shall ensure that each foster parent shall have all of the following rights:
(21) The right to copies of all information relative to their family and services contained in the personal foster home record.