Advertisements
Advertisements
We just brought our baby daughter home from Guatemala last night. Hooray! Unfortunately the airline has lost our luggage. I packed extra can of formula in our luggage. She is currently on Gain Advance and is six months old. Any suggestions for a transition.
Thanks so much,
Josie Sofia's Mom
Gain is made by Abbott labs, the makers of Similac. I would call my ped and ask for sure, but maybe you could also call the Similac company and ask which formula is closest in composition to the Gain Advance. We brought one large can home from Guatemala (our dd was on the Nan 2) and we've had no problems switching her at 1/2 and 1/2. Our ped said at 7mo she shouldn't have any problems and basic formulas are so close in composition anyway. He had no preference in brands.
Oh and WELCOME HOME! :)
Advertisements
Try Holle Formula by FormulaRUs. Use stage 2 since your baby is 6 months old. I have heard its really good.
Last update on February 28, 1:48 pm by Katherine Potter.
Gain is made by Abbott labs, the makers of Similac. I would call my ped and ask for sure, but maybe you could also call the Similac company and ask which formula is closest in composition to the Gain Advance. We brought one large can home from Guatemala (our dd was on the Nan 2) and we've had no problems switching her at 1/2 and 1/2. Our ped said at 7mo she shouldn't have any problems and basic formulas are so close in composition anyway. He had no preference in brands.
Oh and WELCOME HOME! :)
Ok, that is clear now. Thank you for your answer.