Advertisements
Advertisements
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to get hospital records out of Deaconess Hopsital in Okla. City, please let me know. I am female born 12-14-63 at Deaconess. My name on original birth cert. was Baby Girl Friend, with birth mother listed as Gloria Friend. I have found birth mother but she won't tell me anything about my birth father or his name. I desperately want to find him as I don't think he even knows anything about me. Please help me if you can. Thank you so much. I was able to get original b/c from judge, but I didn't know if I could get hosp. records same way from Deaconess?
You should beable to contact the Hospital medical records department and tell them your last name. The might have to dig in the archives but hopeful they will get you some infomation. but with ok being a closed adoption at that time it is hard to get info unless you have a lawyer in order to get the records unsiled at the court house. I hope you have good luck. And I will pray that things will go well for you and your search. I do know that Deacones Hospital at that time had a home for unwed mothers to go to I know I was there my self in 1984 and place a baby girl up for adoption and I started with Deacones Group Home and I talked with a Debbie Campbell she is in charge of keep track of birthparents and adoptess information. I paid a fee of 50.00 dollars to be seat up that if my daughter was to come looking she could find me without having to go to a lawyer. So you might try searching there and see if the have any info for you.
Advertisements
I am trying to loacate Deborah She Haney's boyfriend and or cousin. I do know that Deborah lived in Beveell Tx and was killed in a automobile accident on July 24 2004. If anyone has in information i would be happy to hear from you. I do know that at that time she had an aunt that lived in Tulsa and she is the one that contacted the Home to let them know. I would just like them to know that I was searching for her and I would like to get more pictures of her.
I was wondering if you had any luck with your search. I was also born July 8, 1963 at Deaconess. I know only that I was "Baby Boy Summers" and nothing else. Neither of my adoptive parents know anything more than what is on the adoption papers which my mother has provided. I've just started my search, so I thought checking with someone that has already been down that path might be a good beginning.
--Arnie
calimansangel
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to get hospital records out of Deaconess Hopsital in Okla. City, please let me know. I am female born 12-14-63 at Deaconess. My name on original birth cert. was Baby Girl Friend, with birth mother listed as Gloria Friend. I have found birth mother but she won't tell me anything about my birth father or his name. I desperately want to find him as I don't think he even knows anything about me. Please help me if you can. Thank you so much. I was able to get original b/c from judge, but I didn't know if I could get hosp. records same way from Deaconess?
Calimansangel,
I was born at Deaconess in OKC in 1962 and was able to obtain a complete copy of my hospital records. It also has all my 1st mother's records as well while she was there. I am in the OKC area so I was able to go to the hospital to request and pick them up. You should be able to call them with your name at birth along with your 1st mother's name and they should be able to look it up and get it for you. When I requested mine they had it by the end of the same day I requested it. Good luck with this and if you need anymore info or help you can send me a PM.
Tracy
AKA: Jo Ellen
OKGuy,
I was able to get my file open by petitioning the court in OKC but found that my 1st mother's name was listed as her alias name from Deaconess so I then contacted Deaconess Home and for their fee $250 they were able to locate my first mother and I then found my 1st father since they are married and have been 40 years now. I began my search in June '06 and they were located in Dec 06. We have been reunited since that time. Let me know if I can be of help to you with your search.
Tracy
AKA: Jo Ellen
Advertisements
I petitioned Oklahoma County Adoption Court since that was the county I was adopted from. There were 3 things the petition asked for and I had to qualify for one of the three. I had to show that I needed the records for a medical reason. The court asked for a letter from my doctor. The second reason I could petition for was if there was a question of Indian ancestory. I showed them the "non-identifying information" provided by Deaconess showing "trace of Indian" in the papers. The third I could have done is to show why there is a "breech of confidentiality" which I am not sure what the court was looking for in the answer. I was able to show the first two reason so they allowed me a copy of the original birth certificate. They signed an order and I went to the Oklahoma State Health Dept: Vital Records. I had to pay $15 for a sealed certificate. From there, I looked in archived records (newspapers, ancestory web sites, etc) and called the county from which she was living at the time of the adoption for info on her family. I ended up taking a trip to the town and found people that knew her. I wrote a letter to see if this was her and we are meeting this Memorial Weekend. Deaconess askes for a decent amount of money to provide some of this info. Keep in mind, the court system is an option to try.