Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi.
I am new to this forum and I am hoping to meet others involved in adoption, especially an adult adoption--be it the adult adoptive parent or the adult adoptee. I am an adult that recently left a very toxic environment that I was living in all my life until now. I have tried everything imaginable---counselling, doing nice things for them (despite their mistreatment of me), etc. For most of those years I believed what my biological parents said about me/labeled me as along with patronisation, lying to me, making me feel that there was no other way of living than the way they did, etc.
It took me years to finally see the light and realise that I needed to leave, that I deserved a better/safer life, and that I am not a bad person. One should never be obligated to have contact with people just because they raised them---it's all about respecting, caring, honesty, empathy, and being open-minded, which is what makes a family in my opinion.
I would like any insight from any adult adoptive individuals and/or adult adoptees with how to do the process, as I have only basic knowledge about it and how it varies geographically. I have a few friends who I have mentioned my interest in adult adoption to and/or who I am considering asking if they would be interested in adopting me. If anyone can give me any insight on the process, steps, etc. that would be appreciated. I would also like to know about any process (if applicable) with a an adult citizen from the US being adopted by someone within the EU (though I presume it would vary from EU country to EU country).
Hi.
I am new to this forum and I am hoping to meet others involved in adoption, especially an adult adoption--be it the adult adoptive parent or the adult adoptee. I am an adult that recently left a very toxic environment that I was living in all my life until now. I have tried everything imaginable---counselling, doing nice things for them (despite their mistreatment of me), etc. For most of those years I believed what my biological parents said about me/labeled me as along with patronisation, lying to me, making me feel that there was no other way of living than the way they did, etc.
It took me years to finally see the light and realise that I needed to leave, that I deserved a better/safer life, and that I am not a bad person. One should never be obligated to have contact with people just because they raised them---it's all about respecting, caring, honesty, empathy, and being open-minded, which is what makes a family in my opinion.
I would like any insight from any adult adoptive individuals and/or adult adoptees with how to do the process, as I have only basic knowledge about it and how it varies geographically. I have a few friends who I have mentioned my interest in adult adoption to and/or who I am considering asking if they would be interested in adopting me. If anyone can give me any insight on the process, steps, etc. that would be appreciated. I would also like to know about any process (if applicable) with a an adult citizen from the US being adopted by someone within the EU (though I presume it would vary from EU country to EU country).
Advertisements
My husband and I are trying for our first baby. If we cannot concieve we will look into infant adoption or IVF. However I always thought about adopting an adult who had aged out of foster care or even a bit older. 18-25 or so. We are 37 and 51 and in the states. We currently live in a small apartment but this will eventually change! Contact me if you are looking for a forever family. We are unfortunately not wealthy and cannot offer financial support, but we can offer love, support, a true family and a mom dad and eventual sibling. I know this thread is a little old! Please contact me at rainbowbabies88@outlook.com
Few states/countries allow adults to be legally adopted, as they are adults.
Realistically, the only way to create your own family as an adult is to start your own family- spouse/partner and having your own child.
Most states/cities in the world don't allow adults 22+ year to be adopted by another adult. They are already legal adults in all aspects of the word.
Perhaps trying to start your own family as an adult (partner and child, or just partner), or creating your own friend group where you offer each other kindness, is an option-- as adults rarely can adopt another adult. You could seek out friendships that "feel" like family to you- whether they're older and "parentlike" or not. Friends, however, are not family- and adults cannot legally adopt another adult in most cities/states in the developed world. Starting your own family (partner, partner & child, or just child) is how to have your own family as an adult. Best of luck.
Actually in the US this is not at all accurate.in MOST states an adult of any age can e adopted by another adult-as long as the adoptee gives consent of course. Many foster parents become their foster childs legal parents and stepfathers become legal fathers, not possible before 18 but once an adult the adoptee can choose their parents if they wish. Its pretty common...google adult adoption. Families are built in all kinds if ways. Not everybody can just pop out kids at will. Some want to make a difference in the world and choose to adopt an older child, a 16 yr old or a 28 yr old. Others may have a combo of bio babies adopted babies and perhaps adopt an adult. Family building is a personal and individual thing for everyone!!
(Idk about other countries but in the US this is one of the simplest types of adoptions legally speaking)
Realistically, the only way to create your own family as an adult is to start your own family- spouse/partner and having your own child.
Most states/cities in the world don't allow adults 22+ year to be adopted by another adult. They are already legal adults in all aspects of the word.
Perhaps trying to start your own family as an adult (partner and child, or just partner), or creating your own friend group where you offer each other kindness, is an option-- as adults rarely can adopt another adult. You could seek out friendships that "feel" like family to you- whether they're older and "parentlike" or not. Friends, however, are not family- and adults cannot legally adopt another adult in most cities/states in the developed world. Starting your own family (partner, partner & child, or just child) is how to have your own family as an adult. Best of luck.
Hi my name is Cody bratt I am looking for a family to adopt me I am 25 years old I am a high school graduate I have been on the street nearly my whole life I have add really bad my current family is abusive physically and mentally they put me down alot and have never been there for me and I have severe depression I am looking for a family and a place to call home i intend to get married someday and I would like to have a family that we could enjoy holidays with or someone I can go to for guidance about things I don't understand or need help with I have been on the street nearly my whole life my step father beat me up and kicked me out right after graduation my mom filed bankruptcy and wants nothing to do with me now my bio father works at the city shelter who I have never really known I recently took it upon my self to meet him Everytime I get to working a job and get things going for myself one of my family members or the person i an staying with end up kicking me out or beating on me and I end up on the street again I have no friends and no one to turn to for guidance
Advertisements
I’m heartbroken to hear all of that. I wish you to find your forever family as soon as possible, with my whole heart. From another young adult looking for her family.
1 Liked
 likes this.
is anyone looking for an adult to adopt? i am 21 years old female and im looking for a family to adopt me. Please help.
Hi. I am 22 years old boy. I m also looking for a family to adopt me. Hope you find yours very soon :)
Last update on February 25, 1:04 pm by Aaron Verma.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Were you able to meet an adult to adopt? My husband and I are in the process of adopting a 32 year old married male who has ten children. We have been married for 28 years and this is our first 'child'. I am so eager to meet another adult adoptive mom.
My husband and I are trying for our first baby. If we cannot concieve we will look into infant adoption or IVF. However I always thought about adopting an adult who had aged out of foster care or even a bit older. 18-25 or so. We are 37 and 51 and in the states. We currently live in a small apartment but this will eventually change! Contact me if you are looking for a forever family. We are unfortunately not wealthy and cannot offer financial support, but we can offer love, support, a true family and a mom dad and eventual sibling. I know this thread is a little old! Please contact me at rainbowbabies88@outlook.com
Advertisements
Actually, most states in the USA allow for an adult to be adopted. There are a few states with stricter rules than I than orhet states but adult adoption can be done. My husband and I are in the process of adopting an adult male right now. His parents rights will be severed and we will become his legal parents and we will also become grandparents to he and his wife's 10 children (5 of them also adopted). Adult adoption can be done. Look into the laws for your state and if you need to, consult an attorney. Please, do not give up! My son is the best blessing we could ever ask for. Good luck and God bless.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Hi my name Lanee , I'll probably don't get any chance because this such a weird thing to ask and also because most people want to adopt a baby baby but it doesn't hurt to try , anything can happen.
Well I'm 18, I live in Africa and I'll love to have a nice loving family who'll let me part of their family.
I was raised by my mom (I love her tho) , my dad was rarely around I don't even know what's like to have a Dad and it kinda sucks.
I kinda always craved precious family moments like being in a normal loving family where there's a mom and dad , where we eat dinner together, where there's fun family time ; celebrate holidays ; go on vacation …etc
Sometimes I feel selfish because my mom still took care of me wich I'm grateful for it, despite "father" been rarely around, but sometimes I feel so sad or maybe a little tiny jealous when my friends talk about their dad or I see family moments on TV and I'll be like " oh well I wished I had those moments too"
But it's also my dream to live in USA and I'm somehow planning to move there because that's where I wanna start my career and I'll love a family there who'll at least take me in and let me be part of their family.
I know most family always want a baby baby but teenagers are sometimes fine too ….
Anyway I'm not a scam you can just email me and talk and you'll see I'm a good honest person.
Here's my email : leilaneemal@gmail.com
I am (40) looking for parents for spiritual support and bring balance into my life. I never grew up with loving parents. I am doing well on my own, but miss having the family aspect for holidays, birthdays, special events or just the simply check up call. Never had the luck to experience unconditional love. I come with a ten year-old daughter. Thanks! Spread the love if you have extra.
Last update on June 5, 7:00 pm by Dominique Svamberk.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Hey there Emily. My name is Alden. I would love to connect and discuss your journey and what you hope to accomplish. Email me at alden@crybaby-media.com or call me at 424-284-9634 at your earliest connivence.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Advertisements
Hi Emily,
What puzzled me if anyone can adult an adult of any age here in the USA, can an adult in there 40's be adopted and how? I am interested to hear what you have to say.
Actually in the US this is not at all accurate.in MOST states an adult of any age can e adopted by another adult-as long as the adoptee gives consent of course. Many foster parents become their foster childs legal parents and stepfathers become legal fathers, not possible before 18 but once an adult the adoptee can choose their parents if they wish. Its pretty common...google adult adoption. Families are built in all kinds if ways. Not everybody can just pop out kids at will. Some want to make a difference in the world and choose to adopt an older child, a 16 yr old or a 28 yr old. Others may have a combo of bio babies adopted babies and perhaps adopt an adult. Family building is a personal and individual thing for everyone!!
(Idk about other countries but in the US this is one of the simplest types of adoptions legally speaking)
Hello Everyone!
Im Jaymark Sison Cagandahan, an 18 year old guy from the Philippines. I want to be adopted because im a part of a broken family and my Dad left us when i was just a kid. I still knew him and we still have communication but he didnt give us any financial support even just a small amount of money. Now my dad is married with another girl and thats the part of my life that i really hated the most because my mom is working too hard just to support me and my siblings by herself and after being an Overseas Filipino Worker in Japan for 3 years, she cannot find a stable job to support us continuously because she doesnt have enough money to start any business or find a stable job because shes having too much debts before she go to Japan and it really costs a lot, the trainings, the legal papers to work there etc. Now she's jobless for a year and she cannot support my studies as a Bachelor of Science and Accountancy student in an private institution. Even if im a scholar as a consistent honor student, its not enough to finish my studies, not just my studies but also my younger brother and younger sister's studies. I dont attend my class very often because my mom cant give me enough money ( for transportation costs and cost for foods and also for my matriculation fees) and sometimes i didnt take a lunch break because i dont have money to buy something to eat and im just going to the library and feeding myself through words of the books. Thats why I want a willing parents who wants to adopt me as a child who can support my studies and that can develop me to a better person and that will love me even if were not biologically related and after that, I want to find a stable job to support my families, the one that adopts me and my family that i left in the Philippines. I promise that i will be a good son and i will strive hard to be the best son that you will have and I promise that i will repay all your sacrifices and hardships for me. I know it costs a lot to adopt me coz im from the Philippines but as i promised, I will repay all of your sacrifices and hardships more than everything that you gave to me. I will never waste that opportunity i will always show my deepest gratitude to the parents thats willing to take me as their child. I promise that i will help you in every way that i can for our family and I will not gonna be like such a burden in the family and I will do my best to be the best son in the world and everyday in my life, i will never stop showing my deepest gratitude for you! :) I have many words to say but I will tell all of that when we met personally and take me as your son.
Thankyou and Godbless! :)
Email me at sisonjaymark80@gmail.com if you want me as ur son and im very glad and its an honor to be a part of your family! :) Thankyou!
PS: Im not that good in english so bear with me if you saw and read a wrong grammar hehe. Peace out! :)
Last update on September 23, 3:23 am by Jaymark Cagandahan.