Advertisements
Advertisements
I am so sorry it has taken me awhile to get back to you all. I have not forgotten about this one bit...in fact I didn't want to post until I had all the information for everyone sorted and organized. And now I do!
THE PICNIC WILL BE HELD SATURDAY, JULY 28th AT:
:pen: SOUTH SIPPO PARK IN MASSILLON, OHIO:pen:
The people attending that are on THIS forum (yes, we have some other people coming who are NOT on this forum but would like to meet new people) are as follows, divided up by committee:
:mac: FOOD COMMITTEE:
Gibbs7263
JennDigiro
NathansVolunteers
Summer95
:prop: ACTIVITY COMMITTEE:
CRSR
Jrhn22
Mindybeth6
TyAva
:3d: TABLEWEAR COMMITTEE:
CurlysGirly
SKL
:fish: DRINK COMMITTEE
Jsminnie (if NOT on the PU trip:-)
AngelsMamma
I can't think of everyone off the top of my head right now but I know there are SEVERAL people that have PM'ed me that are coming that are not signed up for a committee. I know two of then are Kirbystarcat and JerrysShelia.
Anyone else??? It would be nice for someone else to join the DRINK COMMITTEE since Julie MAY be on PU trip....hoping so...I am just thinking ahead....she may be back already too!
So what NOW?
Get together with YOUR committee. Discuss via PM, e-mail, phone calls, or however, WHAT you are going to do and HOW you will do it. I know there was some discussion about grilling dinner Jenn but I am thinking you MAY not want to do that....we are closing in on the possibility of 100 people and I am thinking grilling MAY not be the best option. LOL. Although there IS a grill so maybe hot dogs for the kids? It is up to EACH committee WHAT they want to do. Please pick a contact person for YOUR committe that I can talk with to check on the progress and keep in the know as to what you have decided. Sound good??
:woohoo: This is going to be an AWESOME event and I am floored by the response that I have gotten. WOW is all I can say. We are going to have an awesome time.:woohoo:
The park is located in the heart of Massillon. It is beautiful park complete with a stream, play equipment right beside the pavillion and it is actually very private. I searched for something like this in which it would be easy to keep a watch on our children. This was the perfect place and I hope you can all agree. The link to the park page is this is you want to check it out: [URL="http://www.massillonohio.com/parks/pdfs/South%20Sippo%20Park.pdf"]http://www.massillonohio.com/parks/p...ppo%20Park.pdf[/URL]
I would like for EVERYONE who it attending this picnic to PM their HOME ADDRESS to me so I can send an information sheet along with directions and what to bring to each of you.
I ALSO want you to let me know you have READ THIS THREAD by posting to this thread and giving me THREE SONGS you want me to put on a CD that we will be playing that day. THREE SONGS...any kind of song as long as children can listen to it. LOL. The songs do NOT have to be adoption related...they can be something fun to dance to or something slow and meaningful...country, pop, classic, alternative, rock, WHATEVER....it should end up being a big mix so that everyone is happy.
Now FINALLY here is the last bit of info. Given the fast-paced nature of this forum we are no longer going to post to it pertaining to the picnic. We are now going to post picnic information to the Akron/Canton area Ohio adoption forum at this link:
[URL="http://forums.adoption.com/akron-ohio-adoption/"]http://forums.adoption.com/akron-ohio-adoption/[/URL]
I am heading over there now and will start the information post there and re-post this entry there as well. So PLEASE bookmark that page. It is difficult to keep updates bumped on this forum. That is why I am making the switch. Sound good? Everyone know what is going on? Everyone excited like I AM???? Good...now get planning with you committee and let's get the party started!
Advertisements
Hey Mindy,
We will be there and I pmed you. Thanks for all of your work on this! It's going to be awesome!!!
Mindy, I must have had my dates confused because we are traveling back from TN on the 28th. So I'm out. :( Hopefully I can make the next thing, and if you ever need another zoo buddy, just let me know. Akron Zoo is as far away as the Pittsburgh Zoo for me and I go to the Pitt Zoo all the time, so traveling a different direction would be a welcome change.
Tina
Advertisements
Okay for drinks I have secured the McDonalds drink mix that will serve 100 people. They provide the ice, cups and mix. I have also had 500 cups donated and I'm working on water too.
For those of you on the Food committee, call around and see if business will donate anything you would be surprised.
That is AWESOME news Julie. I am also making a BIG thing of ice tea. I think between this and the tea we should be good to go and if people want to bring other things to drink they can. What do you think? I know that NiCole also has access to ice and was going to bring ice as well. What can we put the drink mix in? Do you have a thing ( I forget what they are called) to put it in? Maybe someone else does if you don't have one. I think that the food commitee is going to have us each bring a dish (potluck) because there are so many of us. I will have more info this week. By Friday I want to have EVERYTHING organized and ready to GO!
I have a container for the Ice Tea. I'm still going to see if I can get the water donated. I will update you later.
Advertisements
You mean a container for the orange drink? So I should make the ice tea because you don't need that then? Let me know how the water thing goes. How are you feeling?
McDonald's will provide the container for the orange drink but I have a 5 gallon container that we can use for the ice tea if that helps. I should be hearing something about the water by tomorrow.
I actually feel pretty good....I'm getting a little impatient about the whole PINK thing. How long does it really take.
I called Marcos Pizza...they are going to donate 2 pizzas for our picnic...YEAH...I have had some people say no..but it is a great idea to call and ask..
Julie and Gina, you ROCK! Getting those donations-that is awesome! I will bring a couple of big coolers full of ice. What else do we need that I could help with?
Advertisements
Honestly I think we are good to go! We are going to grab the rest of the stuff at the party store and we are done and ready to rock! WOOOO HOOOO! It is going to be SO much fun...now everyone PRAY for good weather!
Hugs
Hello, we will be attending the picnic on Saturday - can someone from the food committee give me a suggestion of something to bring (I don't want to bring potato salad if someone else is bringing it). Thanks ~ Jim, Angela and Gianna