Advertisements
Advertisements
I have met a little girl named Christian Faith. What do you think about her name? What do you think about virtue names in general?
Thanks! DH and I had a terrible time with girl names (we didn't know we were going to have one, just thinking ahead). I'd throw out a name and he'd hate it and vice versa. Finally I said "How about Eve" and he said it was a deal if we could make it "more of a name." I loved Evangelina anyway, so now we have Evangelina Alene.
I'm still holding out for Piper or Quinn of our next one is a girl. :D
Advertisements
nikkianni
Thanks! DH and I had a terrible time with girl names (we didn't know we were going to have one, just thinking ahead). I'd throw out a name and he'd hate it and vice versa. Finally I said "How about Eve" and he said it was a deal if we could make it "more of a name." I loved Evangelina anyway, so now we have Evangelina Alene.
I'm still holding out for Piper or Quinn of our next one is a girl. :D
Awww... the DH factor!!!:hissy: If I had MY way my DD would be Amelia and DS would be Seth. I haven't shared their names on here, but both our kiddos' names ended up being compromises (in other words, our children are named the one name on my favorites list that DH liked... :cool: ), although perfect in the end. I told DH that if we were ever blessed with another child, I would get to pick the name. LOL!
If we have another DD (look at me all hopeful) I would love the names Gabrielle "Elle" or Ellyse "Elly". For a DS, Zachary or Samuel.
Good grief... I could go on and on about names...
We'll probably have a son next as we're only having two and DH is set on a boy now that we have our girl. So we'll pull from the boy names we agreed on. It makes no sense, but DH and I agreed on boy names perfectly, but not for girls.
So it'll be Tristan, Jackson, Maxwell or Carter. His middle name will be Thomas after DH's dad.
I really like Gabrielle and Ellyse. I loved Lorelei, Annaliese, Francesca and Ainsley. All of which DH hated. He kept saying I wasn't picking "real" names. Of course, to him real names are Sarah, Jill and Michelle. Our last name is pretty plain so it would've been like naming a baby Jane Doe.
Men have No imagination.
i know what you mean about DH's. Mine hates all the names that i pick out but when i ask him to pick some, he can't think of a single name, boy or girl.
a couple years ago we were just playing around with names for the future and we picked two that we both liked, one boy and one girl. i've since changed my taste, but he' still stuck on those names and won't even entertain the idea of any others. the two names we originally chose were Camden for a boy, and McKenna for a girl. i am afraid McKenna is going to turn into the new Mckenzie and become too trendy.
now i like the name Jocelyn for a girl and Gabriel for a boy. question, what do you think about Zander for a boy? too sci-fi? i kind of like it but i'm hesitant. i still like Camden too but with my last name it's a bit of a mouthful. anyway, would love to get some opinions on this. thanks.
atouchofheaven
i know what you mean about DH's. Mine hates all the names that i pick out but when i ask him to pick some, he can't think of a single name, boy or girl.
a couple years ago we were just playing around with names for the future and we picked two that we both liked, one boy and one girl. i've since changed my taste, but he' still stuck on those names and won't even entertain the idea of any others. the two names we originally chose were Camden for a boy, and McKenna for a girl. i am afraid McKenna is going to turn into the new Mckenzie and become too trendy.
now i like the name Jocelyn for a girl and Gabriel for a boy. question, what do you think about Zander for a boy? too sci-fi? i kind of like it but i'm hesitant. i still like Camden too but with my last name it's a bit of a mouthful. anyway, would love to get some opinions on this. thanks.
Love Gabriel!!!!! Zander not so much my style, HOWEVER, how about Alexander with the nickname Zander???
McKenna (and any of the other Mc names) is quite popular where we are but what do I know? I haven't shared Bug's name but it is about as popular as you can get these days! But it works for our DD. It is perfect. I always say if have to go with what means something for you and if this is it, then use it.
Advertisements
nikkianni
We'll probably have a son next as we're only having two and DH is set on a boy now that we have our girl. So we'll pull from the boy names we agreed on. It makes no sense, but DH and I agreed on boy names perfectly, but not for girls.
So it'll be Tristan, Jackson, Maxwell or Carter. His middle name will be Thomas after DH's dad.
I really like Gabrielle and Ellyse. I loved Lorelei, Annaliese, Francesca and Ainsley. All of which DH hated. He kept saying I wasn't picking "real" names. Of course, to him real names are Sarah, Jill and Michelle. Our last name is pretty plain so it would've been like naming a baby Jane Doe.
Men have No imagination.
See, you and I should have named babies together, lol! All your boy names are perfect... I especially love Carter and Tristan.
Another on my girl list was/is Laurel (it is still on the list if we are blessed with a 3rd) which is so close to Lorelei. Love Anneliese (and that spelling of it!)!
Touch: DH is a big fan of the name Zander, except he spells it "Xander." It wasn't a personal fav. of mine, but I hear it's gaining in popularity. Gabriel was another name we talked about. We both like it but I'm big on nicknames and I don't like Gabe. I love McKenna and Camden's cool. I've never heard that one.
Tammy: My family's very German. That's where the funky spelling for Anneliese comes from. I just think it's pretty. Laurel was another one I liked. We really could come up with some great names together! lol
I'm afraid that in three years when we (hopefully) bring home another baby, Tristan will be way too common. It's by far my favorite of the names we've discussed. Jackson will probably be out too.
On a side note, I went to the Hallmark ornament premier over the weekend. They her these adorable little personalized ornaments that looked like fancy candy canes. I wanted to get one for Eve, just with the name "Eve" on it, and they don't make them! I really didn't think Eve was that unusual.
nikkianni
Tammy: My family's very German. That's where the funky spelling for Anneliese comes from. I just think it's pretty. Laurel was another one I liked. We really could come up with some great names together! lol
I'm afraid that in three years when we (hopefully) bring home another baby, Tristan will be way too common. It's by far my favorite of the names we've discussed. Jackson will probably be out too.
On a side note, I went to the Hallmark ornament premier over the weekend. They her these adorable little personalized ornaments that looked like fancy candy canes. I wanted to get one for Eve, just with the name "Eve" on it, and they don't make them! I really didn't think Eve was that unusual.
Yeah... we've found very little with DS's name at all... it is not common at least in our area but IMO gorgeous. And then poor Bug, we picked a popular name but not the right spelling for all those kind of things! Oh well... it's special order for us! Gosh... I wish I felt comfortable sharing kiddos name here but it is so wide open... maybe someday...
I wasn't sure about posting her name. But I used to do crime reporting and when I thought about it, I realized that in five years on that beat I never ran into any situation where someone had determined another's identity in a chatroom and done anything harmful. And I saw lots of very creative ways to commit crimes.
I'm OK with it as long as I never drop our last name.
As for not finding things with Eve's name on them, I'm a little disappointed. When I was a kid it was so hard to find my name with the right spelling but my brothers always found theirs. I took that into account in the naming process too. Hopefully it won't be so hard in the future. This was the first time I've looked.
Advertisements
I like it, but how would you pronounce it. If you put too much emphasis on the first syllable it sounds a bitt too much like Graceland for me. (Sorry)
To the OP: Christian has always been a boy's name in my family. Christian Immanuel has appeared in almost every generation since the Christian I emigrated from Germany in 1832.
Fair point about the Graceland thing. I like Grace but I'm not a fan of Lynn.
Anybody have any feelings on the name Finley (Finnleigh)? Not that I think we'll have another girl (DH isn't budging on the boy thing), but hey, I can dream.
atouchofheaven
anyone have any thoughts on the name Gracelyn, for a girl? thanks.
I prefer Grace as a stand alone name myself. But then, DD has a -lyn name that people kept saying "that's so trendy" but it is a perfect name for her. Is this is the name for your daughter than it is the name. If you're looking for something a bit different than just Grace, how about Gracia?
Advertisements
nikkianni
Fair point about the Graceland thing. I like Grace but I'm not a fan of Lynn.
Anybody have any feelings on the name Finley (Finnleigh)? Not that I think we'll have another girl (DH isn't budging on the boy thing), but hey, I can dream.
Well... being a name fanatic, and having an obsession (wierd, wierd obsession) of how names fit together in families, I wouldn't put it with your DD's name as a sibling. Her name is a classic girl's name, to me, along the lines of Sophia, Emma, Sarah, etc (and I love them all) and Finley is more of a trendy, gender neutral name for a girl. I do like Finley but prefer it for a boy. And I'm not overly fond of the -leigh suffix to feminize it. (Sorry Leigh13!!!) But that's just me. Names are so personal... if this is what you want, DO NOT let anyone sway you. Esp not me, a freak who thinks about names way too much.
You make a good point. It was just a name I ran across for the first time the other day and I thought it was really cool. But no, it doesn't really "go" with Eve. Not to mention I have NO doubt DH's mind won't change about a boy. We only want two and now we have a girl, his heart's set.
Ah well. I love our boy names anyway. Here's hoping they don't all become too popular before we're ready to use one.