Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone!
I know that Cambodia is closed to US Citizens right now but I wanted to talk to those of you who have adopted from Cambodia or who are considering adopting from Cambodia when the program opens back up in the future.
Has anyone read the book titled above? In the next few weeks, we֒ll be offering the book for sale in AdoptionShop.com, but I started reading it a few weeks ago and finished it last weekend.
I couldnt put it down. I loved the history, the story, the education aspect of the book. I really learned a lot about Cambodia and its culture, but also a lot about how the Vietnam War impacted those in Cambodia and how the US played a huge role in life as they know it.
I highly recommend the book to anyone considering adoption from Cambodia Җ but I also recommend it for anyone it was a really great read.
Of course, the first mother in me was torn by some of the language used ֖ but all in all, I think the book really spoke to the emotions adoptive parents often feel when adopting from another country, with another culture and another way of life.
If you havent already, I recommend reading it. IҒll update this thread with the link to the book on the AdoptionShop.com website.