Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi. I am in California as well, and am a single male foster dad of a 9 year old boy. It certainly took longer than I expected to get placed, but I think a lot of that had more to do with problems within the foster system, due to budget cuts, etc, than the fact that I was a single dad. I will say that in my foster parenting class, I was one of only two prospective single parents, and the only male one. My process wound up taking about two years from the time I started the classes, until I was placed with my son, but there were other factors involved that I believe slowed things down for me. My son has been with me since early June, and I'm very happy, and so is he. It's definately not an easy road, but it is certainly do-able.
Advertisements
Hi, everyone I just stumbled on to this forum. Looks like a great resource for adoption information. I am a single male 22 soon to be 23 Unfortunately, I have not been blessed to find someone to settle down with and raise a family. , as most people my age are married and have families of their own even by this age, I def know i am mature enough to have a child in my life, i have tons of experince with children, I have been through everyphase of a child and i loved everyminute of it, I pretty much raised my sisters two boys when i worked and when i was off i had her kids from morning until night when her and her husband where at work, i woke up with her kids and put them to bed, Its def a great experience to have, And even when i was working i would have my nephews during the day , bring them up to my job where my sister also worked , then i would go to work, so by the time i got to work wow was i tired, Alot of people were so amazed at how good i was at watching kids specially my family, past managers , friends and cousins and i also. been told by associates that I would make a great dad.,I know if given the oppurtunity I can be an amazing loving father, I have a house , bed, crib, clothes, money for food, milk, formula, diapers you name my future child will always be taken care of, I hope i get the opportunity and someone will read this and get to know me and get in contact with me, it would mean the world to me..Kevin from Florida