Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I wouldn't think you should have too much trouble. You might want to contact a state agency to get specifics, but single men are definitely able to adopt through the foster care system. You might find that there are specific children who are not available for you, however. For instance, there was a sibling group I was interested in a while back (I'm a single adoptive mother), but was told that they specifically wanted a couple for these children. I would imagine that a young girl who was molested by her bio dad would not be placed with a single male as well. On the other hand, I know of lots of boys especially that are available for adoption that could really use a strong male role model. That is honestly one of the biggest things these kids lack.
Anyway, from my perspective (single mom, not dad), I didn't have any trouble. I started the process in February of 2006, brought home my son in November 2006 and will bring home my second child this fall. There are so many kids that need loving families, and they really are mostly looking for loving, stable adults who will cherish these kids.
Leah