Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hi..Im also a single male (40 y.o.) in California that is considering adoption as well. I can relate to a lot of the frustrations you mentioned. I've been feeling a strong need to become a dad for the last several years, and since I turned 40, that feeling has increased tenfold. I was always told that the perfect LTR would come along when you least expect it, so I've been patiently waiting doing my best to "not expect", and nada. I've decided if I want to become a dad, I'm going to have to make it happen myself. I frequently work in the labor and delivery area of a hospital, and it just kills me watching people become new parents all day long, and then going home alone that night. I have some nieces and nephews (blood-related and otherwise), and while it's great being a part of their lives, it really only deepens the pain of not having a child of my own (it's also great practice, though). I still have some fears and uncertainties about being a single parent, but those seem to be diminishing a lot the more I research it. I would love to talk with some single adoptive dads about this.