Advertisements
Advertisements
I know a lot of the posts in here are concerning relationships between birthparents and adoptive parents that aren't going well.
I want to share what happened yesterday evening.
My mother and youngest sister were able to see my daughter. They were up here for my sister's college orientation and Finleigh's parents were wonderful enough to allow them to see Finleigh while they were up here.
It was WONDERFUL. Finleigh's parents continue to amaze me in their willingness and desire to have my family and I involved in her life.
Everytime I see her she looks more amazing and so well taken care of. Her parents are wonderful to watch with her. The way they look at her just melts my heart. I know they love her more than anything.
Being able to see Finleigh and her folks has been good for me. I know how she's doing, how they're doing, and am able to continue developing a relationship with them.
Last night we were all on the floor watching Finleigh kick and coo and blow bubbles. She almost rolled over for the first time. I cannot tell you how priceless moments with her are. To be able to sit there and watch her little body grow and her do new things is beyond amazing. She actually smiled back at me several times last night. It was wonderful. Of course she has no idea who I am... but to see that gummy smile...lol...
I'm so blessed to have them in my life...to have a relationship with them. I never thought it would be like this. I never thought my family would be welcome to see her, much less myself. I am so blessed.
Last night was like balm for my heart. I didn't think I could love her anymore than I already did... but somehow I do. And my love for her parents grows with it.
Advertisements