Advertisements
Advertisements
I contacted the editor of the Dunoon Observer. He posted a story in their newspaper, one that is probally like everyone elses here. And I got a hit. A lady by the name of Anne wrote a letter to him and told him about how she use to work in the child welfare office and handled quite a lot of adoption paperwork between 1967 and 1997 when she retired. She also mentioned that:
1). As Scottish adoptees we are all entitled to "Statutory right to counceling under Scottish adoption laws".
2). Even though most voluntary adoption agencies are now defunct, a record of adoption should have been filed with the authority, and a petition should have been filed with the local sherriff.
3). We should contact the local "Social Work Dept" where we were adopted from and also the local Sheriff.
4). During the whole adoption process, there would have been a 3 month welfare supervision period where social workers would have interviewed and observed your biological parents as well as your adoptive parents. Also a curirator would have been appointed to handle paperwork and perform a independent report.
I'm guessing that there is a warehouse somewhere in Dunoon/Glasgow/Edinburogh that has all of our adoption paperwork as well as these written reports. And I"m also guessing that they can be viewed by us.
Ok... TAG!!! YER IT!