Advertisements
Advertisements
and i am feeling the stress already. i hate homework. i mean teachers have our kids for 7 hours already - isnt that long enough? the little amount of family time we have left in the day is filled with homework. 2 of my kids are in the same class this year- quite a plus since we can work on projects together. we went to target last monday as a WHOLE family and bought school supplies. it cost $1,000. i am not kidding! my 2nd oldest is moving into the dorms and she had to buy sheets and that sort of stuff, but after everyone gets a backpack, paper, pencils, markers..... the list goes on and on - oh, and dont forget the T2 whatever calculators half of the kids need. whoa! we sure were getting the looks at the check out. the checker thought it was funny to say *find everything you need, huhuhu...* find a good sock in the nose! thank goodness my dh has a good job! i need a vacation!
I hear you! :cowboy: I have to admit, though, that I haven't sat down and added up what our total cost for school was for this year in supplies. I know that to enroll the kids was over $400 and that doesn't include our college son. :hypno: I save money by buying the kids school supplies throughout the year when they are on sale. I keep a cabinet with nothing but school supplies in it. :pen:
I am a little sad, this year, as there will not be anyone but me home during the day while my kids are in school - until our new children come home from another state. I can't wait!!!
Advertisements
2manyks, who knows! :arrow: We were selected in MAY and are still waiting for the ICPC paperwork to go through! It is getting so frustrating! I have called the SW {the paperwork is here in town} and she said she is getting it done as fast as she can...but that isn't fast enough for me!!! As of last week, they were waiting on the fingerprints and references to come back. There has been a lot of confusion over who does what paperwork which doesn't help. I am still hoping that the kids will come home *this* month!!!
SAHmom
I am still hoping that the kids will come home *this* month!!!
I know this is an old thread but I'm wondering if and when your 2 kids came home :prop:
Not only did they come home in September of 2008, but we also adopted a sibling group of two in December of 2010. On top of that, we are in the process of updating our homestudy. :)
Advertisements
I guess you crazier than me!!! LOL. Can you tell us gender, ages, adopted or bio list of your kids??? Public schooled or homeschooled?? What are you hoping for with your next adoption, and how do your kids feel about adopting again??
SAHmom:
I am jealous, mom to 14 and adopting more. What are their ages, how do you manage, schedule, do doctors visits, homework, family outings?? Please share so that those of us who desire larger families can learn from your experiences.
Bamamom07
I guess you crazier than me!!! LOL. Can you tell us gender, ages, adopted or bio list of your kids??? Public schooled or homeschooled?? What are you hoping for with your next adoption, and how do your kids feel about adopting again??
I probably up the crazy to insane! LOL! ;)
I don't homeschool although some days I wonder if I should...thank goodness I come to my senses real fast! I don't feel I would do a good job. :arrow: I am pretty involved with my kids' schooling and stay in almost daily contact with the teachers. It makes all the difference to have teachers that communicate.
With our next adoptions as with our previous ones, we are waiting to adopt *only* a sibling group. We feel passionate about keeping siblings together and are blessed to have the space/time/love to do that.
Our kids are okay with us adopting again. Our 12 year old boy's only request is that they not be older than him. He is the second to the oldest in the home and he wants that to remain. Our oldest in the home {16 1/2} is very supportive as he was separated from his younger sibling and he is the reason was we are intent on adopting a sibling group.
EllisAJ
I am jealous, mom to 14 and adopting more. What are their ages, how do you manage, schedule, do doctors visits, homework, family outings?? Please share so that those of us who desire larger families can learn from your experiences.
My kids' ages are 21b {bio}, 20b, 19b, 19g, 16b, 12b, 12b, 11g, 10g {bio}, 10g, 9b {10 on July 8th}, 9b, 8g and 6g. The older four live on their own.
I have a big binder for me that includes several things. One is an overall appointment list that has the kids' last physical, eye and dental appointments. I also keep the paper appointment sheet for the kids' appointments. I print my weekly calendar on Sunday nights. In this binder, I also keep the kids' IEPs, latest grade cards and any other school information. I keep a list of medications that the kids take.
I also have a colored folder with see through sheets for each of the kids. In it are shot records, health information, copy of birth certificate {original is in the safe}, copy of adoption decree {original in the safe}, last KBH form, last treatment plan from their therapist, etc. I grab it when they have an appointment. I store the folders in a carry case {I have two} that I picked up on sale at Walmart.
I have chore charts in the kitchen - one for daily chores and one for after dinner chores. The kids do a great job of looking to see who does what. I use to have an individual chore list, but having one works out better.
As for outings, I haven't had a problem, yet. I let my kids know that if they don't mind, they simply won't go the next time. I have two older kids that don't mind babysitting. ;)
Advertisements
EllisAJ, thanks! :flower:
I just noticed on your sig about the sibling group of five from Missouri. If it is the same one {ages 4, 4, 6, 9 & 11} and still on the website, we also submitted our home study for them. In the beginning, the SW responded to our emails immediately and then all of a sudden, we heard nothing. We assumed that a family had been selected.
my set in MO was 15, 15, 13, 10, 10 yes two sets of twins! One of the 15YO did not want to be adopted, wants to age out. They separated the group and the 10 year old twins were adopted in state so visits can continue. Can't argue with that
Advertisements
Going to meet the boys tomorrow. It is an 18 hour drive. We will meet them Thursday AM and leave to come back home Sunday. We are so very excited!