Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello everyone from the Houston area. I was wondering if anyone was interested in meeting in a chat room one evening? I think it would be nice to meet each other.
Advertisements
I am a single father looking to start the adoption process. Is DePelchin a good agency? Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thnks!
Ok, this should be easy since only three of us have posted in this thread.
Anyone want to share their update and where in the process you are?
New to the forums. Just left Texas but expect to return at Christmas due to adoption.
I am trying to adopt my nieces. They currently live with my parents, who have legal guardianship of them (and there's another one due at Christmas). Do any of you have experience in either kinship or interstate adoption?
What do I do first?
Hi! I am just starting the adoption process. Any one know of a support group here in houston? Inner loop?
Advertisements
Hello everyone I just looked at the last date a post was left and thought I would give it a try. Well we are a young family of four, me, my DH, a 15 year old son and 12 year old son. I am the only girl in the house...lol..and I must admit it has not been so bad. However my heart longs for a little girl to love and raise. We are working with a faith based agency here in Houston, we tried to adopt through CPS but I was informed after the information meeting and a bunch of paper work, that CPS was no longer handling infant adoptions, that I had to go through a private agency. The nice lady that was "handling" my case faxed me a list of agencies they use and was certified through CPS. So I called everyone on the list talked to lots and lots of people and finally found a agency I was comfortable with. The fact that the agency I'm working with is a faith based agency is competely coincidence. I just really liked the responses the ladies at the agency where giving me, very friendly, open, funny, and warm hearted. Sure I know I'm just in the beging stages of this story but so far so good and I have prayed over everything and everyone and The Lord has not turned me around yet! So any way just wanted to let people in H-Town know you are not alone here in this big ol'e cowboy city.
Thank you
Have a Blessed Day
Marlania
Hey Marlania!! We are just starting the process as well. We will turn in our application on Firday!! Sooo excited!! I live on the NW side of town. Feel free to PM me anytime if you need to vent or for support or just to chat! Its nice to have someone to go through it all with!
Advertisements
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hey Softball Momma I just might hold you to that...lol...lol...I don't like to "vent" (fuss) but when I do I really can...lol
Any way I have good news, the agency I'm working with does both kinds of adoptions, private and CPS adoptions. The case worker we are working with suggested we try to work both programs, so of course we said sure why not. The Lord is GREAT. She called me today and told me she talked to the supervisor over the private infant adoption program and she went over our case file and decided to WAVE ALL THE FEES!!!! I was so floored and over blessed I had to pull the car over and get myself together. So the only fees we will have to pay for both programs will only be the attorney fees at the finalizing process. So here we go!!!
Blessings
Marlania
[/FONT]
Im also NW houston - spring too! I am in love with a picture and video of a little boy ( well 16 y/o) on adoption photolisting. Dont know if my private faith based agency will or does work with the public agencies. Have alot more research to do as you could tell.
I am only 24 so dont know tha age ratio between parent and child- if any. If the kid is too old for me. I mean i have over 5 years being a teacher so im gonna put up a fight either way for my kid. :D
Any advice cowgirls :cowboy: or anyone...;)
Last update on November 17, 11:27 am by Sachin Gupta.
Hello VSANTOS316 I wouldn't think so because older siblings adopt younger siblings, even if the age gap isn't that big. I not 100% sure but I think it would be ok. Good luck to you
Blessing
Marlania
We're in the North Houston area and searching for an agency after having a bad experience with one.
Marlania
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hey Softball Momma I just might hold you to that...lol...lol...I don't like to "vent" (fuss) but when I do I really can...lol
Any way I have good news, the agency I'm working with does both kinds of adoptions, private and CPS adoptions. The case worker we are working with suggested we try to work both programs, so of course we said sure why not. The Lord is GREAT. She called me today and told me she talked to the supervisor over the private infant adoption program and she went over our case file and decided to WAVE ALL THE FEES!!!! I was so floored and over blessed I had to pull the car over and get myself together. So the only fees we will have to pay for both programs will only be the attorney fees at the finalizing process. So here we go!!!
Blessings
Marlania
[/FONT]
Advertisements
Hello all,
Just wanted to let you know we have started a support group for parents & play group for kiddos that meets in the Heights once a month! Feel free to PM me for more info. :)
We are in Houston and trying to adopt as well adopt and looking for an agency. We originally wanted to adopt through CPS and have been licensed with a foster agency (they have never had an adoption placement, we were To be their 1st) since last June. We haven't had any placements (foster to adopt or otherwise) so we are looking for an agency that has more adoption experience. We are hoping to adopt a girl from 0-9. Considering international. I have contacted Gladney, Depelchin, Arrow and Spaulding but I have no idea who to go with. No would appreciate any advise! Please PM me. Thanks!!