Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Laura
Was told I was born in Yonkers possibly at a Christian home for unwed mothers, then adopted at 3-6 months old. Adoption took place in Stamford, CT, where I lived until 1986. Birth mother was 21, 5'7", Protestant. Her father was English/Scotch/Dutch. Her mother was French. She had two older brothers - both spent time in the Service. Birth father was 22, 5"ll". His father was Russian and his mother was Irish Catholic. Miriam Goldberg was the case worker that handled the adoption at Family Centers in Stamford, CT. Please contact me at the following E-mail address: ronaldboussom@yahoo.com
I have a very similar past, I was born in yonkers ny (or so my birth cert says) and adopted out of Stamford conn. I believe the home my mother stayed in was st. Francis or st. Faith located in Terry Town?, Weschester County?
My birthcert says I was born at St. Johns Riverside hospital in Yonkers. My adoption, we think went through Family Centers also, Miriam Goldberg was also involved in my case.
My older adopted brother ( no relationship to me - was able to talk to her many years ago, before retirement and he was able to find his real parents)
I have posted all over the net and with Issr, Do you have any other suggestions? Have You gotten any where with your search?
Good luck
Jayne
Jayne@adelphia.net
Dob 6/8/55
Advertisements
Hello...I was adopted through the Westchester County Courts, and lived in Yonkers for many years...I have a no find/no fee searcher helping me...if you are interested...please pm mail me and I will give you her e-mail address......Sincerely, Brenda.....
Hi,
My husband was also born in Yonkers at St John's Hospital on 3/1/59 and adopted in Stamford through Family and Children's Services (now Family Centers). He has very little information, other than that he's of Scottish descent and his father played violin. We've searched for family through DNA testing but haven't found anyone closer than a possible 3rd cousin with no information. As you have similar circumstances, I'm curious to see if you've found any family or info. Best of luck.
Susan Doyle