Advertisements
Advertisements
i just started mine. i, so far, have put a copy of each childs birthcertificate. social security cards, school picture, school schedule, sports/dance schedules.
anyone have anything else?
oh yeah - and a copy of each medication the child takes from the pharmacy
I only have 2 kids, but I have a multi subject notebook with pockets in each section. I use it to track all kinds of things like height and weight at Drs appts, to having all of their 'numbers' (ss#, DOB, etc) all in one place.
I am horrible horrible horrible with dates and such - and getting two kids at once about put me in overload, this has been a lifesaver.
Advertisements
I had started one of these awhile ago but I need to update it. It has different sections in it, one for financial info, one for medical and a home maintance/ cleaning type schedule, as well as color swatches,and other decorating ideas I come across.
In the family info section, I keep all Dr. ,dentis adn pharmacy phone numbers, kids ht., wt, etc. Records of all meds, Dr.and dentist appts, and any special info. also I keep current clothing sizes listed.
Never heard of one of these...well, that I remember. :D At the rate my brain cells have been jumping ship I suppose I could have watched a half an hour program on how to make one of these yesterday and forgotten it by today! :rolleyes:
I have just 5 kids, and I usually have a rough estimate of weight and height, but the ol' memory thing isn't so good, so a notebook would be really helpful. I'm always having to dig out the SS #'s or birth certs for something or other, so having a notebook would be great!
Also for evacuation preparedness...I have a couple of Rubbermaid boxes with important stuff (papers) that we grab when we've had to evacuate, but having the more often used legal papers in a notebook would make them handy to grab in emergencies, and yet still handy for daily use.
Didn't even think to do one of these...duh! We are only a family of 4 right now but are matched with 3 that we are hoping to bring home this summer. Great idea. Sometimes it is the simple things that slip my mind.:flower:
I keep a family notebook with all our important papers enclosed in those plastic sheet covers. I included Birth certs., SS cards, selective service registration cards, immunization records, adoption papers, my marriage cert., insurance info. In front I have a sheet listing all family members full legal names, date & place of birth and adoption, SSN's, insurance company, medical condition, allergies, medications, medical supplies/companies, dentists, pharmacies, Dr's, therapists. For my child with medical issues, everything one would need to know to take care of him in my place is listed. I also have surgery dates, hospitalization dates, lab results, and upcoming appts. listed. I have NOT kept up with a running list of every provider visit with reason given & medication prescribed but I wish I had and I will be from now on. My son's providers are all supposed to be connected to each other, but at a recent appt, I was asked details they couldn't find in the computer and I didn't know the exact answer. I'm planning on adding height/growth charts to each child's section. My child with medical issues is underweight in spite of my best efforts to "fatten him up", and one other son is very skinny, though has gained alot of weight since coming home. On a recent trip to the dentist, I was grilled over how skinny they both are, and I heard the dentist asking them away from me about what they eat. I had to explain their adoptions, and history of neglect and malnutrition, and how we were addressing this. I am GLAD the dentist discussed this with me, it shows they are now being trained to look at all aspects of a child's health when a child comes in for care.
Advertisements