Advertisements
Advertisements
I was born 1/30/1971 and adopted through Catholic Charities.
Am I out of luck before I even begin?
~*Requesting Your Non-Id*~
IF YOU DO NOT have YOUR Non-Id...you need to request it before starting your search. IF you need the request form ask Mackie or myself and we will see that you get it.
*Adoptees whose adoptions were finalized PRIOR to 1/1/1964 CAN have access to their original birth certificates . Contact the Bureau of Vital Statistics. You can also print/fill out an Affidavit Of Adopted Person. Where to send it and how much to send is on the bottom of the form. If you need this form please contact myself or Mackie and we will gladly email it to you. You also will make your search easier IF you obtain your Non-ID Info.
Also the following years are either missing or only partial listings on the Ohio Birth Index. As Mackie has stated previously these years will have to be searched manually in Columbus. We can NOT search that which is NOT there.These years would be...
1969...Missing
1971...10% Listed
1972...Missing
1973...CAN be searched but most are Missing
1974...10% Listed
1975...10% Listed
james256
I was born 1/30/1971 and adopted through Catholic Charities.
Am I out of luck before I even begin?
Advertisements
you can also get a hold of the catholic charity and see what info they have.. good luck... dana
James you can go to catholic charities I took my birth cert and drivers license they gave me my non identifying info. It will give you descriptions of your family and what they did for a living and info on your birth. It will not give you names (non identifying) note when you begin your search from that info it may be misleading. I found my mom but my info said she was the 3rd of 3 children. she was actually the 4th of 4 children one of her brothers had already moved out of their home so the interviewer didn't include him in the paperwork. So don't let that discourage you I'm not saying they are all like that but don't take all of it to heart. There may be variations. After I received my info I put it on all the adoption websites and 2 different search angels email me the same info so I went with it! I had a last name so I just started searching and calling in the area I was born actually talked to my uncles exwife and she gave me his number and he contacted my mom and I got a phone call! Don't give up! I started in 1988 when I turned 18 and found my mom in 2009 Its hard, tiring, frusterating but it is so worth it! good luck!