Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi!
My name is Darren and I live in a suburb of Phoenix, AZ. I've been visiting this site and reading the posts for a little bit now. I just recently became a member. I think this method of online discussions is wonderful for people who are looking for others to connect with but sometimes have difficulty. I think at first, it allows us to do some same exploring without revealing too much and without feeling any pressure to do so. Especially for those who are still learning to deal with and understand what it means to have been involved in an adoption. This is really the first place I have seen that provides such an opportunity. I've looked online for other support resources, but I haven't really found any.
I would like to ask everyone who's willing to answer, are you interested in meeting with other people local to you to discuss adoption issues? I've looked for such support groups in my area, but I haven't found any. I don't want to "steal" some of the benefits of these forums, I would just like to add to them. Even if you don't live near me, I'd still like to know your thoughts.
Thanks,
Darren
Darren,
I think the reason these local forums were set up is so that people could do just that.
You might have more luck on a yahoo group though. Just go to Yahoo groups and do a search for your city and adoption and I bet you'll find one!
Jill
Advertisements
Hi! Check out [url=http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Arizona_foster_care_and_adoption]Arizona_foster_care_and_adoption : Foster care and Adoption[/url]