Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi,
I set the date for my 19 months old dental surgery - it's in 3 weeks. Not happy about it. She'll go under at the hospital, then they'll put 4 silver caps on her teeth. They said they're silver in the back and on the sides. Does anyone have a picture of this? My dentist didn't.
:( I'm sad about all this.
I will private e-mail you a picture of my son's, he has the white fronts, I would make sure you get those, makes a huge difference.
Advertisements
Daphne,
Why are you so sad about your little one getting needed dental work completed? I'm a dentist and I can tell you from experience that the alternative of NOT getting the work completed would be something to be sad about! Many many people cannot afford dental work for their kids and I see daily what decay does not only to kid's teeth but, also to their self esteem. Go and get those teeth fixed! Lots of kids have decay and lots have silver crowns too! Your child will look great and be able to smile confidently and eat with no pain!
Best of luck to you! I hope you'll post when the work is finished and let us know how it went. I'll bet you'll be wondering why you were so sad when it's over!
Jeanne
Yes, I'm a dentist. teeheehee
Here's a site with before and after photos....the very first one is the photo of the crowns if your child is getting them on front teeth.
[url=http://cudental.creighton.edu/HTM/p_rest.htm]Pediatric Dentistry Restorative Dentistry Photos[/url]
Hope that works!
Jeanne
Jeanne,
Thanks for the pictures. I'm sad about putting her under general anesthisia for the procudure... which I guess is then called a "surgery". I'm sad because my husband is in Iraq, and once again, I have to make these big choices on my own. I'm sad because I'm worried I won't be able to care for my children well during recovery time (alone) and I have no family near to help. I'm just a pitty-party tonight :eek:
I'm sure it will be fine, and I'll update the forum once it's complete. Thanks again.
I will be praying for your little girl and that she does wonderfully with the surgery, I am sure she will!! I will also be praying for you and your family!! God Bless!!!
Advertisements
Daphne,
Sorry, I don't have any dental advice but just want to say that you and little Evangeline will do just fine. I know I would be just as nervous about something like that but heck, look at what you have already been through just to get your beautiful daughters home. After PGN, you are ready for anything!:bullwhip: Let us know how it goes. You know you can always come here for support.:flowergift:
My 4 year old, who came home about a year ago from Guatemala, had to have two caps put on her two top front teeth. He did them in a white composite rather than silver. It costs me more money but frankly, was worth it so she doesn't have to spend the next 3-4 years with silver front teeth.
Ruth
dspakowsky
Jeanne,
Thanks for the pictures. I'm sad about putting her under general anesthisia for the procudure... which I guess is then called a "surgery". I'm sad because my husband is in Iraq, and once again, I have to make these big choices on my own. I'm sad because I'm worried I won't be able to care for my children well during recovery time (alone) and I have no family near to help. I'm just a pitty-party tonight :eek:
I'm sure it will be fine, and I'll update the forum once it's complete. Thanks again.
I know those decisions are no fun when your husband is in Iraq. :grouphug:
I understand being worried and having to make decisions when your husband is away. I really do. I will be thinking of you. Rest assured that your pediatric dentist is a well trained professional and knows what they are doing! Anesthesia for these procedures does not knock you completely out....your child will be able to follow commands and answer questions....she just won't remember anything. As for after care, usually children are up and around within hours of coming out of anesthesia. They're so resilient! I'm sure your precious daughter will be fine and you will be back to feeling like your normal self soon!
I hope your husband can come home soon too!
Take good care!
Jeanne
Advertisements