Advertisements
Advertisements
he was born July 20, 1972 in Los Angeles and our mom, Janine Helen Jackson, 17 yrs old, was forced to give him up for adoption. She was at St. Anne's Maternity Home, which is also where they kept her to give birth. He was born Christopher Lee Schell and mom was told he would be adopted by 2 teachers who had another adopted child already. They sent her, through the agency, a photo of him on Santa's lap his first Christmas.
I was adopted through there and my experience was not good when I contacted them but that was back in 1993. Hopefully things have changed. Back in 1993 they had forms that the Adopted side and the birth side could sign for meeting each other. But both sides had to sign to make it happen.
Advertisements
I sent in the sibling waiver form (which is what you're referring to) but I haven't heard anything back. Not to St. Anne's, but to the county adoption agency, I believe. It was several months ago.
Well, a small update. I heard back from someone with LA County Adoptions and she sent me a letter saying she couldn't send me info because I was a sibling but if I send a photocopy of our mother's ID, she can send her the info. What a happy coincidence we share a mailbox LOL
I sent that off this morning, so I should have some non-id info in a week! I'm so excited!
She also told me that there's a law in the works for california
that states a searching family member (that would be me!) can petition the court and they'll assign a thrid party (she was assuming it'd be the agency) to contact him and see if he, too, would be interested in filing a sibling waiver form. I thought it was already how things worked, but she said it was kinda new, as of January? Either way she'll be sending me more info on that, as well.
I finally feel like I'm making some progress here... it's a amazing feeling! :prop:
Last update on September 1, 11:31 pm by Sachin Gupta.
Here's the e-mail I got yesterday:
"Wendy-
I just received the ID for your mother....Our mail here is really slow.
I will be completing the non-identifying information as soon as possible. There are a couple of cases ahead of yours. I know that you are anxious and can promise you that the information will be completed no later than 04/18/2008.
If you have any questions you can either call or email.
Thanks-
Angelica Petitt"
Eeeeeeeeeee!!!! I am so excited!!!!
So it turns out that one was a housewife with a BA in education, one was an attorney! The wife was born in 1939 and the husband born in 1937. Where do I go from here? Agggggggggghhhhhhhhh!
Advertisements
Government should play the good role for those person who belong to such agencies which can helps to find out your brother.
You must raise your voice.
My info... boy given up for adoption between 1974 or 1976 in the Los Angeles area of Southern California, named Christopher (born in 1972), please let me know. ~ Thanks
Disregard All Posted By Qux123. Qux123 Search Has Been Canceled And No Further Knowledge Desired. Thank You.