Advertisements
Advertisements
Baby Girl born on October 28, 1973. I was told that my b/d was in the Navy. Stationed at the Navy Base in Subic, Philippines during 1972-1974. My b/m came from a good family (she was probably in her teens) and it was a rushed adoption. My a/m was told to take me before "they" changed their minds. I was adopted two days after I was born. If this story rings a bell, let me know. :female:
liaqb
Baby Girl born on October 28, 1973. I was told that my b/d was in the Navy. Stationed at the Navy Base in Subic, Philippines during 1972-1974. My b/m came from a good family (she was probably in her teens) and it was a rushed adoption. My a/m was told to take me before "they" changed their minds. I was adopted two days after I was born. If this story rings a bell, let me know. :female:
My family was stationed in the Philippines in the early 80's and I wanted to let you know that there is a website for alumni of the high school on the Air Force base (it's whoa.org). A lot of people that went to high school throughout the 60's, 70's and 80's have joined this site. Although the AF base (Clark) and the Navy base (Subic) weren't real close, you might be able to find some one that knows something. I know while we were there the football teams played each other - who knows where you will find the info you are looking for! Good luck in your search.
Advertisements
Thank you. I will check out the website.
I recently came back from out trip from the Philippines and I decided to start asking my questions to those who might remember anything. This is what I found out:
My aunt (the sister of my birth mom), remembers a lady that my mom used to play golf with in Manila Golf Club and that she helped my mom get me through a priest she was close to. I don;t know the full story of this part but I'm guessing the priest got in touch with a doctor in Olongapo and she (the doctor) got in touch with my mom. She couldn't remember the name of the priest but she did remember the name of the lady (my mom's golfing buddy). Her name is Betty St. Onge? I don't know if that is the correct spelling. Anyway, she is here in the states but she is very ill. I was told she has alzhiemers.
The next choice I had was to ask our driver who drove for my mom and this is what he remembers. The name of the priest was Fr. Egan. And second, He remembers driving to "a house" and the doctor came straight from the hospital and handed me over. Two days after I was born. She told my mom to "hurry and leave before someone saw them or decided to change their minds."
Now my other aunt who was there claims that they went to the hospital itself and it was the priest who handed me over. And he told them more or less the same thing. The only difference is that "someone might come down and see them and change their minds."
I know it sounds kind of off that it doesn't make sense. One said one thing the other says another. Anyway, I googled the priest and I think I may have found him. My husband called the church where he was and we were informed that Fr. Egan had passed away in 2004. Now, I think I'm back to square one.