Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
In our first case she was the judge. You can go back and read my old posts. I think she goes on more of the CW opion. That county changes CW so often it is hard for me to foster for them.
When we had gotten our kids they had already been CHINS for two years. The four oldest had been in relative placement then RU with mom. Baby had been in foster care and then RU with mom. She had had them back for five months when they came to me. We had them 14 months. In that time we had 4 county CW's every time a new one would start they were fresh out of training and the talk would turn from TPR to RU. It would take them about two months then they would start talking about TPR again. Needless to say ten days before the TPR trial the new caseworker and the casa called me and the 14 year old to come over after we visited the judge to talk. We were going to be the adoptive family. In the meeting with this child she informed me they were sending all the kids back for one more chance, and 14 days later they were gone. I am bitter, so please forgive me. This was our first case. With that all said, we have switched from an agency there to be a county home in our our county. That county seems like barracudas compared to these wimps. I do like being with my county, I hated the long drive there.
I really think it has more to do with the reports that the CW make and sends to her. I do think for the most part she goes along wtih the opion of the CW.