Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
What is the longest any of you had?
17 months
IF I do take in a child that is legal risk. What exactly does this mean?
Here it means that there is a fairly high probability that the parents rights will be terminated. Sometimes the parents get it together and complete their case plan and the child is returned home.
Does this mean that the courts are already in the process of terminating the parental rights or it's probable that the rights will be terminated?
As above, there is a fairly high probability that rights will be terminated, though not a 100% sure thing.
I know there is always a risk but what are the chances that the child would be removed and sent back to bio parent or family members in this situation. Does it happen alot?
I don't know the statistics, but experienced cw can get a pretty good idea if tpr will or will not happen by what is happening in the case. Again, they don't know for sure.
We would love to have a daughter in the newborn to 4 age group as well as adopt a girl that is in the 12 to 16 age group. Is this possible?
Yes, it is possible. Perhaps, and probably not bio-sibs, but certainly possible to do.
Is we want to foster to adopt 100% possitive on that..what we are still discussing is fostering..So how would that would if we did both?
Yes, it is entirely possible. I started out as strictly foster and am now foster/adopt. I continue (and will continue after adoption) to foster, but would love to adopt also. In addition, your chances of adopting a very young child increase if you also foster as most foster families adopt the babies that they are already fostering when they become free for adoption.
Hope this helps. Good luck in your journey.