Advertisements
Advertisements
Fastaff and I are both in Hawai'i and even working with the same agency...even though my match is through another agency. We've found each other, but I'm wondering if there is anybody else from Hawai'i???
you and fastaff are well along in the process, we have just begun. pre-app done and working on application. Getting set up for Pride and Home study in Jan 08.
Renee
Advertisements
Welcome Renee!!! It's nice to finally see somebody else from Hawai'i. So you're applying to foster an older child...that's great! We really need more families who are willing to take in older children. Is your goal foster-adopt or just foster? Will this be your first time fostering? If you haven't already done check out Hawai'i Foster Parent Association. They usually host and/or announce free trainings and have great resources/info on their website.
DH and I completed PRIDE earlier this year, but right before becoming licensed we decided to pursue domestic adoption of an infant. And we are actually expecting our baby to be born any day now!
Well, keep in touch...it's great to finally see some new Hawai'i folks here!
Celina
Hi Celina,
we are looking to adopt from the state system. We know there are so many kinds in the system already and someone needs us to be their forever family. Qualifying for Foster is part of the process, but the child we take in will be legally free for us to adopt after placement with us for 3-6 months.
That is great news about your child. We decided that with our life style an older child would do better in our home.
It is great that there are families like yours who can take the infants.
Renee
Hi Renee,
I'm glad to hear you are planning to foster-adopt an older child...I actually used to work with a non-profit agency that works along side with CWS and foster families, but resigned to commit more time to our family. Have you already been matched with a specific child or are you going through general licensing? Who are you doing PRIDE with?
I PM-ed you some local resources for foster/adoption in Hawai'i.
Celina
Have not been matched as of yet, but have been told that there are children available in every age group we asked about (ages 3-6).
I answered the organizations we are with on the PM side.
Renee
Advertisements