Advertisements
Advertisements
lonni
Oh Christie-that is so nuts.Is that kind of like the law on contracts for purchasing services or items? This is a CHILD!!!(I know YOU know that)
You got it! This is the same law for service agreements or items. Kind-of like a dishwasher. OK - I just had to delete most of what I wrote. So I'll just say yes, my child has been treated like an appliance with the court and this judge.
Advertisements
lonni
hopefulmom~ about the timeline on the adoption not going forward, have you read the transcripts? I can not remember the exact timeline, so I need to read them again to be sure. I am not sure there is a link anymore on the hmv website for the transcripys :(( So we may just have to agree to disagree!!
Hi lonni,
To the best of my knowledge hopefulmom is correct in what she is saying.
I do know that the Evan Scott case has to be one of the most horrendous injustices ever done to a child by a court system. Yes, the courts do this, and yes, it is personally scary to me because they are also legally abusing MY son.
C-
I think the HMV is out of business. Most everything has now been removed from their homepage and the forum is completely gone.
I think HMV may be out of business. There is hardly anything on their front page and the forum is completely gone.
[ I am not sure there is a link anymore on the hmv website for the transcripys ]
Lynard, you stated that in the state of Ohio, if a putative father does not sign the registry within 30 days, his rights are terminated. That's what we thought. Until our baby girl was 5 mos. old and the biofather (who had visited our home in an open adoption, was fully behind the adoption initially, and did not support the birthmother financially or emotionally through the pregnancy), filed an objection and held up our adoption. Birthmother signed an Affidavit of Paternity which COULD have been seen by the justice system as making him a legal father. Our adoption was finalized, after we retained an attorney, paid much in attorney fees, and suffered very much emotionally. All that I can say is that every attorney should file the Petition for Adoption as soon as it is legally possible. There are loopholes that we just cannot always foresee. If we had lost our precious baby girl, our other 3 adopted children would have suffered inconsolable loss and so would we. God, very fortunately, was in charge.
Advertisements