Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello everyone,
My husband and I are registered with an agency and have sent our dossier to panama for approval.
We were wondering what the status was on Panama at this point. We have heard conflicting stories about time lines. Has anyone had a successful adoption out of Panama in the last year? Two years? Any information you could share would be beneficial.
thx :)
Just wondering if there were any sucess stories from Panama.
I posted a while ago and have had no replies.
thx
Advertisements
We are also in the process with Panama. Our dossier is in country, approved by DNA and we are waiting on a referral. We've been waiting since July. From what I understand this program is wait for referral and travel soon thereafter. Guatemala is just the opposite.
I'm like you. we've heard conflicting timelines as well.
But is is exciting to find one more person who is brave enough to try Panama. We can be in this one together.
PM me and tell me about your agency. We can swap stories! :)
m.
mhpro
We are also in the process with Panama. Our dossier is in country, approved by DNA and we are waiting on a referral. We've been waiting since July. From what I understand this program is wait for referral and travel soon thereafter. Guatemala is just the opposite.
I'm like you. we've heard conflicting timelines as well.
But is is exciting to find one more person who is brave enough to try Panama. We can be in this one together.
PM me and tell me about your agency. We can swap stories! :)
m.
Hey M.
I am glad I heard back from someone! Are you in Canada or the US? We are in Canada and can't adopt from Guatamala. We have been back and forth with our agency regarding timelines. Our original package stated 4-7 months to wait on a referral for a toddler. But some of the people I have been in contact with on the YAHOO Panama blog have told me they have been waiting up to 3 years with no end in sight. We are trying to be patient. But this is discouraging. We are older(40-50)and can't afford to wait three years and discover we are getting nowhere. Our dossier was sent to Panama in September, which is not that long ago. So I guess it is still early days. Maybe I am being naive and impatient.
What are you being told?
Hey M.
I am glad I heard back from someone! Are you in Canada or the US? We are in Canada and can't adopt from Guatamala. We have been back and forth with our agency regarding timelines. Our original package stated 4-7 months to wait on a referral for a toddler. But some of the people I have been in contact with on the YAHOO Panama blog have told me they have been waiting up to 3 years with no end in sight. We are trying to be patient. But this is discouraging. We are older(40-50)and can't afford to wait three years and discover we are getting nowhere. Our dossier was sent to Panama in September, which is not that long ago. So I guess it is still early days. Maybe I am being naive and impatient.
What are you being told?
Advertisements