Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: Horror stories
I have a positive story which ended with the adoption of seven children. Non of my kids have ever been violent. They came to me as scared and emotionaly drained chidren, but with love and time it heals some of those wounds. This idea that your mom has is part of the reason so many children are in foster care. When we took the kids out to eat all 8 of them mind you, we would get lots of compliments, but then when we said foster children their mouths would drop. My beautiful, sweet and well behaved children were not the monsters that society had invisioned. Unfortunatly the media is one sided at times, they like to get ratings with those horrible stories that have gone bad. Parenting a child who has been abused is hard at times, you have to win their trust and love. Sometimes it takes years for them to over come past issues and its tramatic to go through with the kids. You start to feel their pain, and your heart just breaks with them. I loved sharing with strangers that my kids were in foster care, it is eye opening because foster kids get horrible lables that arent always fair. Your mom will come around when she sees you parenting successfully. Good luck and hang in there, you are doing a great thing.