Advertisements
Advertisements
The TPR on my three foster kids is fast approaching (YAY), Nov 30th!
So I've been thinking about names, as they're so important to me. I don't think I'll be able to change the 8yr old's name as just from gentle indirect questions, I think he'd have a hard time with that so his name will stay as is. The 2 yr old I have figured out already...
The one I'm really questioning is my fd... her name is Cora... I have a daughter named Kiara and this has been a very confusing thing in our house, as they both respond when either name is said!
I'm thinking I would like to change it (she is four). I've changed some of my other kids names upon adoption (at various ages), but there were never other siblings to take into consideration. If I change Cora's name (I'm thinking I'd like to go with Tori, if she'd accept that, of course), I'm wondering how hard it would be on her bio. siblings to get used to! I will be adopting two of her bio. siblings, and my friend adopting two more!
What would you do in this case? Have you changed names upon adoption when there are the feelings of older siblings to take into consideration?
;~) Kelly
We did change names, we had two boys both Jr's from different sibling groups but the oldest child was five. All of our kids were really happy about name changes, and would correct each other with,no my name is not Tim its Justice. They had no problem with the sibling name change but they were much younger than your children. Am I counting right? 9? You have beautiful children, I have 8. Seven adopted one bio.
Advertisements
Thanks!
Yep, nine! Six adopted, three foster-to-adopt! This weekend I am doing respite for two siblings of my foster kids. That makes eleven this weekend. I've always said nine was NOT a lot of kids. But eleven... OMG someone save me, I think I'm losing my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL!
We changed my daughter's middle name and I was afraid that her brother (in a different home) would be upset. She wanted to do it and so far it has all worked out great.
Yes those names get confused. As she is four smaller than your child I think you can do so. Please let me know once you change the name.