Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi Everyone!
I am a birthmother trying to help another. Her child was born in a New Orleans maternity home in 1968. She cannot remember the name of it. Was run by nuns and she was referred there by Catholic Charities. She remembers there was a school 2 blocks away.
Can anyone share some insight? She wants to request info on her son but cannot remember the name of the maternity home. Thank you for your help!
Kim
1st Mom to Mark, found 3-3-2007 (deceased 6-6-2004)
:wings: I will always love you son.
Is this what the place looked like? See the link below.
St Vincents Guest House - New Orleans, Louisiana
LOCATED IN THE HEART OF NEW ORLEANS, THE ST VINCENTS GUEST HOUSE IS VERY AFFORDABLE, BEAUTIFUL AND HISTORICAL. THE COLONIAL VICTORIAL BUILDING WAS BUILT IN 1861 AND AN ORPHANAGE FOUNDED BY MARGARET HAUGHERY, THE FAMOUS NEW ORLEANS PHILANTHROPIST. ST VINCENTS IS A TESTAMENT TO HER UNIQUE LIFE AND IS RECOGNIZED BY THE HISTORIC COMMISSION. OUR DECOR IS SIMPLE WHITE WICKER FURNISHINGS AND FLORAL FABRICS. ROOMS ARE BASIC AND COMFORTABLE AND HAVE A PHONE, AC-HEAT, ENSUITE BATHROOMS, TV, NO CABLE. HAIR DRYERS AND IRONS MAY BE BORROWED FROM THE FRONT DESK. PUBLIC SPACES INCLUDE A PRETTY DINING ROOM AND A SPACIOUS SITTING ROOM. ENJOY THE LANDSCAPED COURTYARD AND SWIMMING POOL AND WIDE WRAP AROUND BALCONIES.
Go to this site. [url=http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-6609218-st_vincent_s_guest_house-i]St. vincents, New Orleans Hotels : Reviews of St. vincents - Yahoo! Travel[/url]
My family is from New Orleans. We are searching for a birthmother in New Orleans in 1968. Your subject obviously, intrigued me.
Advertisements
Thank you so much! I will take this info when I see my friend Sunday and see if it looks familiar to her.
Thanks Again!
If she was referred there by CC then I bet CC handled the actual adoption..
CC handled my relinquishment in 1965 in Miami.. and they have an office in Miami that moved a lot..
A worker at CC (St Vincent Maternity and Adoption Center) drove me to the court house where I signed the papers in front of a judge..
My mom and dad drove all over Miami looking for St Vincents.. and they found it.. and I got the phone number.. I was not sure of the date he was born so I needed to know in order to put my message over the net..
I also got non identifying info from them..
[url=http://www.ccano.org/Pages/mas.html]Maternity, Adoption Services[/url]
St. Vincent Maternity Clinic
Provides affordable, private medical care, education and counseling to low / moderate income women during pregnancy. It also provides delivery and up to three days stay at Touro Infirmary.
Darleen Crane, Registered Nurse
2025 Gravier Street, Suite 712
New Orleans, LA 70112-2258
Phone: 525-7516 FAX: 566-1779
This person may know the history of St Vincent..
I know there is a room full of files in the St Vincent.. Miami..
For more information:
Catholic Charities
1000 Howard Ave.
Suite 1000
New Orleans, LA 70113-1942 USA
Email: ccano@archdiocese-no.org
(504) 523-3755
Fax: (504) 523-2789
I put St Vincent Maternity and Adoption Center New Orleansђ on google..
Jackie
Hi Do you have any other info on your friends baby. I was born Feb 1968 and was only told my mother was from Louisanna. I need to get a court order to get my adoption papers opened. My adopted mother has passed and havent found papers. I was also told it was a private adoption.
I was at catholic charities maternity home new orleans, la My daughter was born early feb 1968 right before Mardi Gras day the 07th as I drove back to Biloxi, Ms. the next day so she was born Feb 01 to 05 ??
Advertisements
nwafa38019
the dates were 19 to 22nd not the other
I found my daughters birth date it was Feb. 21, 1968 I also have the Org. birth certificate number now;
nwafa38019
I was at catholic charities maternity home new orleans, la My daughter was born early feb 1968 right before Mardi Gras day the 07th as I drove back to Biloxi, Ms. the next day so she was born Feb 01 to 05 ??
her birthday is Feb. 21, 1968
Advertisements
I was born in New Orleans Feb 68...it says the 2nd on my bc, but it is typed in, while the rest was handwritten...Facebook me or email stacyforristal@gmail.com, I don't check here often [url]https://www.facebook.com/StacyStabile[/url] .