Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi,
I'm new to the foster/adoption process. But I am so frustrated..............with my worker - please tell me how you all deal with this. I was just re-approved, perhaps 2 months ago. Last month I began actively looking at sites, different states. And, through one online site which covers all the 50 states - i inquired about perhaps 25-30 children. Out of all of those, roughly 25 sent back requests for the homestudy. I've been in contact with my worker - as far as i know she's a good one. I've never met with her personally, because the one that came to my house, was taken off my case (reason unknown) and i was transferred to this other lady. However, first i sent her a few names of children and the states they live in - a couple from GA - to which she replied - it may take her a couple of weeks to get to them because she has to uncover what agency they're with and the contact info. OKAY, I could understand that - but she also said I should not expect to hear updates more than once a month(????). So, the next time I sent her names i made sure I had all the contact info (worker name, address, agency, fax, phone and email). To no avail. I even sent her an email asking if it was okay, if i helped her caseload by faxing it myself - to no avail - no answer. no acknowledgement she even got my emails. I don't want to be a burden, but i thought that they were supposed to work with you? Is this what I have to look forward to for months????? I feel like if I am a match, well, they're just going to slip by and it will make it even harder for me. Especially when i'm being so self initiating in my search - i almost feel like what's the point? i know the process takes time, but when you get no feedback at all - it's like is this why it takes so much time? Is there an easier way to do this? Is it just my agency? How are others handling this? Please help..... thanks so much. Also, I looked into going to the other large, free adoption agencies - and they're all intertwined (aaaghhh-smiling) Please shed some light.
Interesting. I am having a similar experience, although not with so many requests. I know that there is a lot that goes into the process and she is not the only one who approves the process moving forward. Supervisor also has to approve and the people on the other side. Also they have to figure out if it is a good match for you.
Advertisements
My husband and I are going through the same thing! We were approved two months ago and haven't received a copy of our homestudy yet. (we were told we would get one) We found a sibling group we are interested in and I spoke with their caseworker on the phone and she said "said me your homstudy or get your agency to mail it to me" well, I have put in two emails and two voice mails to our agency asking them for a copy or for them to email it to this other caseworker. And we haven't heard anything from them yet. Its been 5 days. It's so frustrating thinking that the people who are suppose to be helping us and guiding us through this process can't even take two minutes to call or email us back:(