Advertisements
Advertisements
[FONT=Georgia]Thought I would start a list of manufactured toys not made in China and that are safe for our children.
Happy Hunting and Happy Holidays:drive:
Here is my list of research:
[/FONT][FONT=Georgia]Playmobil - mostly made in Germany
Plan Toys - made in Thailand
KNex - made in USA
Name Train - made in USA
Doug and Melissa-made in the USA
I also contacted KIDKRAFT and this is what was sent:
[/FONT][FONT=Georgia][FONT=Arial]All KidKraft items are manufactured in the Asia area: China , Malaysia , Thailand , and Indonesia . However, all of our items are tested regularly to meet and/or exceed the US standards and none of the KidKraft products have been recalled. [/FONT][/FONT]
Advertisements
Thanks for posting this. It is sad that as a society we now have to look to avoid products from China. Hopefully that will change soon. However for this holiday season, for those in the market for toys, I think it's a good idea to get a list of the toys which we know will be safe for our loved ones.
Amy K, NJ
Thanks for starting this. I started to do a little shopping on the internet earlier today...and I was checking the country of manufacture for various things. Its not always displayed on the internet like it is on a package when you buy it in the store. That just makes shopping on the internet a little bit harder. (I will not buy from China)
Not all Doug and Melissa toys are made in the USA. For example:
[url=http://www.gummylump.com/front/f_product.php?id=3271]100 Colored Wooden Blocks in a Crate by Melissa & Doug by Melissa and Doug: SAVE 10%[/url]
It's made in CHINA!
Advertisements
musidora
Not all Doug and Melissa toys are made in the USA. For example:
[URL="http://www.gummylump.com/front/f_product.php?id=3271"]100 Colored Wooden Blocks in a Crate by Melissa & Doug by Melissa and Doug: SAVE 10%[/URL]
It's made in CHINA!
Yes, in fact, many if not most of Melissa and Doug's toys are made in China. I read online that they have a testing process in China, and then the toys are retested when they reach the US.
Holztiger and Ostheimer are German companies that make wooden animals, people, and objects. They tend to be expensive, but one figure can be a great toy for a one or two year old. And the Europeans tend to be more health conscious than we are, so their products are safe.
We have a couple of elephants from Holztiger that our son adores.
Google either name, and you will find a bunch of online retailers for them. And a lot of those retailers sell other wooden and similar toys made here, in Canada, or in Europe.
Advertisements
I love Plan toys!!!!! I ordered from them last Christmas and I am doing it again this year as well...they are the kind of toys you will save for your grandchildren!
Happy Shopping
I have noticed that a lot of websites don't list a "made in..." country. I had to search several websites to find one that admitted Doug and Melissa toys are made in China. And the only reason I knew to do that was someone (here I think) mentioned that recently....
If you look up [url=http://www.fatbraintoys.com]Educational Toys and Specialty Toys - Buy Online at Fat Brain Toys[/url], they do have a link for toys made in the USA. They also show where every toy is manufactured when you click on a specific toy regardless of where it is made. I've found it very helpful!!
Advertisements