Advertisements
Advertisements
agathaj
Moongirl, I am where you are as well. I think you will find there are a lot of us bmothers out there who only have minimum contact with teenaged bchildren. I have accepted this. It has been a struggle to come to acceptance and letting go of my dreams and hopes and expectations but it is what it is. She too has wonderful aparents and a great life with lots of friends etc. Imagine if this wasn't the case - then how would we feel? I have given up on my dreams that more may come of this in 10 to 20 years. I can't sit around hoping that things will change so I am getting on with enjoying my life which is great also.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Thank you for your post. I think you are so correct. I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling like this. I thought I was loosing it for awhile there. Each day that goes by it gets better. I have three amazing children of my own and they bring a lot of joy to my life. What more can I ask for huh?:grouphug: I guess I had unrealistic expectations. I thought things would turn out so different. The Decision (Adoption) that I made long ago had a high price along with it; the possibility that we may never know each other as mother daughter. In my heart:loveyou: she has been my daughter but the reality is she doesn't know me and I don't know her. Our lives are so opposite like night and day! The future has many other possibilities and I'm looking forward to all of them good or bad! Peace![/FONT]