Advertisements
Advertisements
moongrl22,
I am an adoptee. I am 18 years old and I just recently have been connected with my biological family in July. I have a thread called "I don't know what to do", my story is all laid out there. I've known about my adoption for ten years now, at first I was completely devastated that my a-daddy wasn't really mine. This past year I've realized after reading a letter my b-mom wrote, a month and a week after I was born, that she gave me up out of love, that she couldn't keep both me and my b-sister. At first I wanted all the contact I could with them, but now it has dwindled down to emails and an occasional text. Not because of anything my b-family did, but because of my a-mom. She hates that I have anything to do with them. The only reason I've gone to just emails is that I want to get all of my thoughts together, I'm 18, I know where I stand, and I know I will not be compromised by anyone. I want to respect my a-mom and obey her wishes because that's the way I was raised. But I've come to realize that my a-mom or b-mom may not always be right and that's when I have to look out for myself and make my own decisions.
I hope this helps you in some way.