Advertisements
Advertisements
depending where you live try king express or merdiano shipping or lorenzana shipping let me know if you need numbers or anything
Advertisements
I have always sent a package that way and never had a problem, it is cheaper than FEDEX, Good luck, Michelle
Don't forget that you can also contact Vilma a.k.a "The Basket Lady" vilmajpaz@hotmail.com or notfogotinguat.blogspot.com for gifts, food, pictures and translated letters. I have used BOTH services and always been very happy with them. Notforgotinguat delivers the packages and takes a picture with your foster family to prove that they delivered the package! Very reasonable prices.
Remember that not all carriers will deliver to all places in Guatemala. This includes some parts of Guatemala City.
The person behind the counter won't probably know anything about this -- they'll tell you they deliver to Guatemala and they assume that means they go everywhere. They don't. (I learned this the hard way with FedEx.)
To be safe, talk with someone at the headquarters' international shipping department before you ship.
As for the question about whether carriers are as reliable in Guatemala as they are in the US, my experience with Fed Ex indicates that the answer is NO.
Also, note that DHL is scheduled to close down US operations at some point, I don't remember when.
Look for a Medrano Express near you!! They only charge by the size of the box and not by weight. I sent a 36x38x28 box FULL infact so heavy it took three men to cary it out my house for a little less than $400!! This was for Project Santa last year and they deliver it right to the door step of the person and they don't have any surprise fees for the recipient to worry about!
Advertisements