Advertisements
Advertisements
Looking for Re-adoption Information for the state of Arizona. Anyone who has gone through this process please let me know how this works. Thank you !
Not yet, but we will be going through it, hopefully soon.
I know it involves a trip to the court, though I don't know if this means in front of a judge or just to file paperwork. A staff member from our agency will walk us through it, whatever "it" is.
From the looks of things, you are still waiting for PA, so we may go through it before you. We can let you know what it entails, if you haven't found out by then.
Advertisements
[FONT="Georgia"]I'm in Arizona too ! My son came home in October, but I havent started the re-adoption process yet, as it quite expensive to use my homestudy agnecy's service. From what they have told me it takes 6-9 months from start to finish. I am not in any hurry because in Arizona you don't need to re-adopt, and my son came home on an IR-3 Visa, so he is a U.S Citizen. One thing though is your AZ Certification is only good for 18 months and if you dont re-adopt prior to it expiring you will need a new (updated) homestudy first. I will try and locate the outlined process she sent me and PM you ![/FONT]
azguatemama
[FONT=Georgia]One thing though is your AZ Certification is only good for 18 months and if you dont re-adopt prior to it expiring you will need a new (updated) homestudy first. I will try and locate the outlined process she sent me and PM you ![/FONT]
We got our AZ Certification extended for an extra 12 months, because it started for our first adoption and expired during our current adoption. I wonder if it extends for the re-adoption process as well?
If you do find the outline, I'd appreciate a copy, too! :)
After you get the certificate of citizenship in the mail you can to the court and do a name change (if you are doing that). If you live in maricopa county you can download forms at [URL="http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/ssc/sschome.html"]www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/ssc/sschome.html[/URL]
Then go to the office of vital records: 1818 west adams, phx, az 85007. 602-364-1300 and get a new birth certificate.
Then go to the social security office and get a ss# and card.
We have not done this yet but these are the instructions we got from our homestudy agency.
JillnChris: I think that's the procedure we followed for our son, but he came in on an IR-3 visa, so he was already a US citizen and the COC came automatically.
Our daughter will be coming in on an IR-4 visa, and so we need to adopt her here so that she can have citizenship. That whole process takes place first (again, not sure of the specifics), and then we can get the SSN, passport, COC, not necessarily in that order.
Advertisements
No advice but I'm an AZ mom too!! I love finding others in AZ. Anyone else freezing today? If anyone has the readoption info can you please PM it to me too. We're hoping to travel for our pick up anytime. Thanks!
[FONT="Georgia"]Hi All~
I was able to find the process outline sent to me by my homestudy agency, I have X'd out their name. I hope this helps those with questions. I will let you know how things progress for me ! By the way I am in Tucson, anybody else here too ?
~Julie
[FONT="Georgia"]
1. If the applicants arent not known prior to XXX, they will be requested:
a. To complete an application for services.
b. Provide a Home Study
c. Receive an Orientation form
2. The applicants agrees to the services outlined in this agreement and pays the
fee for services XXX with post placement visits/reports to foreign country the first year.
3. The applicant must have a current home study certification or have it updated.
Updating a home study will be at an additional charge of $300.
4. XXX is required through DES regulations to visit the family within 14 days
of placement of the child, then every three months until the adoption is finalized.
If the child qualifies as special needs, the visits should be every month.
5. The social worker will note the child and familyҒs adjustment to placement
and make these notes available to the court upon request.
6. The social worker will collect the following documents from the applicants to
file with the request for an adoption petition unless this information has already been provided to the court:
a. Medical reports on the child
b. Foreign adoption papers, if applicable
c. Medical information on child
d. Relinquishments, Consents, or Severance Orders
e. Childs birth certificate
f. Financial Accounting of Adoption Expenses
g. Affidavit of Finger Printing Letter.
7. The social worker will file the above documents with an Agency Consent, the
County Application for Adoption form, and Certification with a request for an
adoption petition. If a private attorney is involved with the case, the attorney will file the documents.
8. The County AttorneyҒs Office will contact the applicants to
schedule an appointment for them to sign the petition. This would be the
responsibility of the private attorney if one is involved in the case.
9. The petition is sent to the Clerk of Court, the Clerk will process the paperwork
and put the final hearing date on the court calendar. If the child is older than
six months, and/or has been in the home less than one year, the date will be
six months form the time the petition was submitted. If the child was under six months of age at the time of placement, an expedited adoption will be requested.
10. The applicants and the social worker will be notified of the adoption date.
11. Prior to the final hearing, the social worker will write The Final Report to
the Court with her recommendation.
12. The social worker completes information for the child/childrens Arizona Birth Certificate. The applicants verify the information and sign the certificate.
13. The applicants, child/children, social worker, and county attorney (or private attorney) appear for the hearing County Juvenile Court at the appointed time.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Advertisements
I am in Tucson and the agency that did our homestudy walked us through it. If you have any questions, please email me.
Susan