Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
hi bippette,
I also held my son much longer then 45 mintues due to safty reasons. But it wasnt about contol, it was about keeping him safe and others around him safe.
I am not very clear on your post. Did you restrain your child, just for the sake of 'who is in control' over something that he said to you? Was that the only reason, or was he 'out of control' and that is when you restrained him.
I do think there are other ways to show who is boss in the house, by not restraining them for what it seems, no aparent reason.
As a dad of two special needs kids, my children are respectful now also. For me, when I look at where my children came from, and where they are now, they are 95% better. We never did any kind of 'intrusive therapies', so its always hard for me to wonder if time and new 'non-intrusive' techniques are just as effective.
The things that they would say to us, my older son had a very violent temper and not a minute went by where he didnt call us a horrendous name or destroy the house. We also lived in a 'war zone'
I guess is there others way that a child can 'heal' without the forms of restraints to just show them who is in control?