Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi,
My husband and I just adopted a beautiful baby boy. I never really thought of this beforehand - we were so busy with the adoption - but I'd really like to get involved with an adoption support group.
Are there any here in Northern VA that meet regularly?
Thanks.
There is a great government website where you can search for adoption support groups in your local area. The website address is: childwelfare site Hope that helps! :)
Last update on November 10, 9:59 am by Sachin Gupta.
Advertisements
Hi!
We are in VA too - but in the waiting stage. I know of a few resources. One is called CASE out of MD, but they have meetings all over the area. We are also connected with Families for Private Adoption and I know they get together and have a list serve (not sure if you were agency or private). I was also thinking, when my daughter was born I went to the new moms group at INOVA Alexandria hospital. It does not have to do with adoption -- but is a group of new moms with infants and is fun. You can talk about things like pacifiers and diapers and naps and lack of sleep. My daughter is 5 and we still get together!
What agency/how did you do it?? Congratulations and good luck with everything. Feel free to email me at janeandpaul22@comcast.net if you have info to share.
:prop:
Try your local chapter of RESOLVE:
[url]http://www.resolve.org/site/PageServer?pagename=matlantic_supportgroups[/url]
Fairfax, VA - Exploring Adoption
Host: Mary Stern
Exploring Adoption groups are for individuals and couples who are thinking about adoption and want to meet others who have adopted or are in the process of adopting. This group will provide information, address questions and concerns about adoption, and explore the emotional implications of adoption as a choice in family building. The group meets on the first Tuesday of each month. Mary and her husband, Mickey, adopted their son and daughter as infants from Russia in June 2003.
Good Luck!
M