Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
You will not be able to keep the birth father out of the picture unless he wishes to be out of it. Paternity will have to be tested before the child could be placed for adoption, and the birth father would have a chance to step up then. He might wish to sign his rights off, in which case that part of the picture would be answered. You could ask for joint custody with your daughter, I think...or guardianship...guardianship can be changed down the road if daughter grows up and proves herself able to parent this child adequately. Guardianship would also allow you to put the child on your insurance. To me guardianship would be a good option if you want to support your daughter and help her mature and learn to care for the child. If she doesn't do that and things get worse down the road, you could petition then to TPR and adopt if needed. Just my thoughts though, for what they are worth. She needs to discuss the pregnancy with the father though, and he with his parents, and make the best decision for this child, not based on anger at him having gotten your daughter pregnant...as it always takes 2 to tango and unfortunately your daughter picked him to be the father by taking the risk. (Just thought I would throw that out there...don't know your circumstances or why the intense desire to keep the father away)