Advertisements
Advertisements
In my 40's I seem totally incapable of escaping the incredible physical desires that I harbour for my adoptive mother. I first saw her as an 'attractive woman' when I was about 14 and tried to pass it off as some kind of teenage fantasy/crush, but having felt the same lust for her for nearly 30-years, I think it's fair to say that it's clearly not a teenage thing!
Is it 'normal' for an adopted son to feel this way for his adoptive mother? She's in her 70's now but given the slightest invitation by her... Am I unique in these incredibly strong desires for my adoptive mother, or is it a common consequence of the adoption process?
Thank you for reading and I hope that both fellow adopted sons and adotive mothers might be able to give me their views on this matter...
Advertisements
I dont know how uncommon that is, but I never had that kind of desire. I'm not totally sure if its wrong to feel that way either, but i dont think its normal if u were raised by her as a child.
shirleyluv
In my 40's I seem totally incapable of escaping the incredible physical desires that I harbour for my adoptive mother. I first saw her as an 'attractive woman' when I was about 14 and tried to pass it off as some kind of teenage fantasy/crush, but having felt the same lust for her for nearly 30-years, I think it's fair to say that it's clearly not a teenage thing!
Is it 'normal' for an adopted son to feel this way for his adoptive mother? She's in her 70's now but given the slightest invitation by her... Am I unique in these incredibly strong desires for my adoptive mother, or is it a common consequence of the adoption process?
Thank you for reading and I hope that both fellow adopted sons and adotive mothers might be able to give me their views on this matter...
I have a best friend who has been searching for her mother for six weeks now. She didn't want too, but she has this urge to know her mother. I am with her one hundred percent, and we are not finding anything right now. She is contacting a cousin who may know something. I will keep everyone posted. My friend is anxious to bond with her birth mother. I do know the feeling.
CJ
MT Student
[url=http://www.mtworkathome.com]Page 1[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/carolannj]Invalid Friend ID[/url]
My friend is also afraid that her birth mother might not want to talk to her. She gave her up for adoption, and my friend wants to know why. I can't blame her. She's not complete without finding out why her mother gave her up for adoption, and who is she?
I would probably want to know the same thing. I am very curious.
cj
MT Student
[url=http://www.mtworkathome.com]Page 1[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/carolannj]MySpace.com - Carol - 46 - Female - OAK LAWN, ILLINOIS -
urmmmm!! This is very ...how should i say...disgusting. Sorry. She's your mom. If she raised you like a child, how can you have such thoughts about her. ewww!
Advertisements
It is a commom event to be attracted to your birth mother sexually. There is even a term for it although I have no idea what it is. Good luck.
bprice215
He's not talking about desires for his BIRTHmother, he's talking about his ADOPTIVE mother, the one who raised him.
Mil
He's not talking about desires for his BIRTHmother, he's talking about his ADOPTIVE mother, the one who raised him.
Not only this but the post was sent on 1/22/08 almost 9 months ago; it is the only post this person ever issued and it is being written by a supposedly 40+ year old adoptee about his now 70+ year old Mom who raised him...come on guys, can we collectively say "troll" ??? :cowboy: Tracy
bprice215
It is a commom event to be attracted to your birth mother sexually. There is even a term for it although I have no idea what it is. Good luck.
bprice215
The term for what is being described is "Genetic Sexual Attraction" but please know that even though it is not unheard of it is anything but "common" and is in fact, VERY UNUSUAL. Just my $.02 :thanks: Tracy
Advertisements
This is not uncommon, as I, as an adoptive mother am dealing with it...any help would be appreciated. I just wrote this on another old post:
know this is an Old Post, but I'm hoping maybe someone will see this and help me. We adopted our son when he was nine, and he was diagnosed with schizophrenia about 6 years ago. He told me about that time that he thought of me more than his mother. He is jealous of my husband, which scares us both. Last week he wrote me some very graphic things that he would like to do to me. Not only is this inappropriate, which I told him, but it really messed me up when I was trying to be intimate with my husband. I told him that we need to go to counseling to deal with this, but he told me no. I have not told my husband about the graphic things. He does know how my son feels though. He is 32 years old, and still lives with us because of his mental illness. Currently my husband and I are living in St Thomas US Virgin Islands because of a job opportunity. But I do go home once a month to check on him and make sure he received his injection. He has never touched me inappropriately or anything, but this is the first time that he has said these graphic things to me.
Any help or suggestions from other people who have dealt with this would be much appreciated. Thank you
Yes it’s a thing, I am currently in the same position, haven’t acted on it as it will destroy the family
quote=148785]
[/quote]