Advertisements
Advertisements
I am hoping to see some postings soon as this area really interests me...we have one more adoption in us at some point in the future....just trying to determine from where....
Right now Sierra Leone is closed to international adoptions (at least to the US). I hope that some day they will reopen, but right now it isn't an option. :(
You might want to think about Liberia which is "next door" to SL and has a lot of similarities. Two of my kids are from Liberia and I'd be happy to answer any questions you have if you want to PM me or post on the Liberia forum. Two other African countries with open adoption programs are Ethiopia and Ghana. I have heard that there may be a small number of adoptions from Uganda and Kenya, but don't know anything about that.
I hope this helps! :)
Advertisements
Hi, I am currently adopting twins from Sierra Leone. We are simply waiting on visa approval and then we will go pick them up.
Email me if you have other questions. It is recently opened back up and is a harder program...but doable!
jody5
Hi, I am currently adopting twins from Sierra Leone. We are simply waiting on visa approval and then we will go pick them up.
Email me if you have other questions. It is recently opened back up and is a harder program...but doable!
Hi Jody,
We are in the very early stage of adopting a young child from the birth mother. Do you have any feed back? Any advice? Should we hire an attorney in SL or in our country? We are in Canada. Thank you so much for any help you can provide.