Advertisements
Advertisements
I have an 11 year old son, the bio is out of the pic since we began the journey in 1996... I have been with my husband since my son was 2 -
9 years later...we now have a 3 year old daughter and another baby due in June - my son does not want to have a different last name anymore and wants to be adopted...this is something my husband has been wanting to do for some time now. We just did not now where to begin.
His new's years resolution for '08 is finishing this adoption process to make everything official..
We contacted the Arizona County Clerks office which informed me that we need to file for a "John Doe Termination" (which includes a public posting in a small paper) I have no issue in doing this...however, I have only been able to find selective attorneys that will complete this for us for a min fee of $1200 - I find this ridiculous and refuse to pay this much for a paper to be filled out and filed. :hissy:
I was told by several people that I can make an attempt on doing this myself...but have no idea where and how to begin...:coffee:
How would I manage a "John Doe Termination" in a step-parent adoption?
After this process has begun I can then hire the adoption agency to conduct the case study on my husband and finalize this process...
I hope you can give some insightful advice...
Thanks.
I should warn you its very hard to do anything at the court house alone and they are not allowed to help you. However you can go the the law library at your court house and look through all the forms to find the one you need fill it out and submit it. The law library will help you find the books you need if you have questions but they cant answer the questions for you just show you where they are and you have to be able to understand what they mean on your own. Its very hard and time invoved. We didnt go for what you are dealing with but we submited paerwork for adoption homestudy and certification on our own this way because it was only $600.00 instead of 1400.00 through a agency. However if this will work for you I dont know but it might be where to start. I dont know how helpful this is but good luck.
Advertisements
If blood related don't think home study is required in AZ.....when you find a form to adopt let me know. I don't want to pay either.