Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi all!
I'm thrilled to find this community. My question is- Where do I start?
We have six kiddos already born to us. It is now medically dangerous for me to bear more, but my husband and I have always wanted a (very) large family.
My impression is that domestic agencies and the foster-to-adopt route frown on placements with already large families. I've also heard international might be a good route, or adopting biracial domestically.
Any input?
Thanks!
Just becasue you hear that some agencies, and some case workers in the foster-adopt program "frown" on large families, do not let that dissuade you from inquiring. I know of plenty of people with 10 or more children that have grwon their families through the foster adopt program.
Advertisements
Just becasue you hear that some agencies, and some case workers in the foster-adopt program "frown" on large families, do not let that dissuade you from inquiring. I know of plenty of people with 10 or more children that have grown their families through the foster adopt program. In fact, just the other night at an agency parenting class I sat next to a couple with 10 children: Seven already adopted, and three foster to adopt.
we have 12, thirteen this summer. we've adopted domestic newborn and foster/adopt. if one agency turns you down go to the next. there are some out there who would be happy to be your agency. some potential birth mother would love your family for what you have to offer - a large family. i know ours did. she chose us because we have a large family. good luck in your search!
Oh this thread is old but I was excited to see this question asked! We are due to deliver our 6th and final bio child in September & then we would really like to adopt, even if it's just one. We have always had it in our hearts as something we'd really love to do ~ so I've been searching online tonight for information on large families & adoption.
Oh, good for you!
I'm sorry I can't give you more concrete advice. Within a month of the post you saw my husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer which took his life seven months later. Although this happened without warning, both he and the Lord are still watching over the children and I. We are blessed.
We had been looking into international adoption . Networking among friends and family is another great way to learn the landscape; so many people have experience with adoption now.
Your children and future children are blessed in you. God bless and take care.
Advertisements
Oh I am so very sorry to hear of your loss, bless your heart.
We have had several friends adopt one dear friend is unable to have her own and just adopted her 9th child, although most of them have been through our states foster system.
Thanks so much for your reply!! I sure appreciate it :)