Advertisements
Advertisements
Great thread! I am 43, DH is 45 and DS is 1. We live in a very progressive area, just outside NYC with lots of older parents, IA and third party repro. My problem is these women WORK!
I'm a sahm and who do I meet at the park but the young ones and the nannies. I had a career until about 2 years ago and probably have much more in common with the ones who work but I find myself at the park having mindless conversations with women who are so different than I it's not even funny! I can't even say they are conversations...that's why I'm in here so much! :evilgrin:
So yeah, I too feel like I can't connect and make friends because of my age and just who I am. I don't really want to hang out with a child's nanny it just doesn't feel comfortable though one did ask for my number once at Gymboree. I've given my number to at least four women who haven't called! They all seem so busy and the ones with babies seem to have more than one and are just too busy for me! :hissy:
BTW Finally I hear where you are coming from but I think it's kind of personal info. I would never lie and I would correct someone if they asked oh yeah where did you give birth (in front of him) but I have finally learned that not everyone needs to know how he came into our family unless it is relevant. I really respect you (as you know) for not wanting to disregard your daughter's birth mother (esp. in front of her) but it is kind of personal info depending on the situation. We walk a fine line! I just have total boundary issues and finally learned to keep my mouth shut and feels right.
DS looks different from us (blonde blue) but he's caucasian so we don't get any questions about adoption. My issues are more age/friendship and feeling different related.
Ohhhhh that was a nice vent. I feel cleansed LOL!!!!!