Advertisements
Advertisements
I know it is such a huge decision and please there is no right or wrong answer to this question....but what was your deciding decision to adopt domestic or international?
WE struggled wit infertility for many many years and were not in the least bit interested in adoption, either domestic or international. We honestley had resigned ourselves to being a childless couple and had given up on all fertility treatments for 3 years prior to my becoming pregnant.
Having one child changed everything. We did not want him to grow up an only child. We did not want him to become an adult without siblings (my mother in law is only child). When we saw the poster in Wendy's promoting older child adoption from the foster system it was like the trumpets sounded and the lights started flashing... bushes were a burnin'. lol. The rest is history.
Advertisements
What an incredible story mrsred!!!
Ours was similar and did not want our son to be an only child tooo.....I grew up with a sister and could not imagine life without my sister even though she lives 1000 miles away from me but we talk all the time. I wanted my son to have the same....a sibling.
That is how we chose to go the route of adoption thru some infertilty problems.
We chose domestic adoption.