Advertisements
Advertisements
I am also considering ANLC. Can anyone pls PM me with their experiences. It is such a huge decision which agency/attorney to pick. Anyone with advice...would LOVE to hear from you!!!
We're trying to choose between different agencies/networks, etc. We had an initial meeting with ANLC. Does anyone have any previous experience with them (good or bad)? This is our first post, so forgive us if we didn't do it correctly!
Thanks!
Advertisements
I posted the same question a couple of weeks back , but
I got no PM. I 'm feeling a little uncomfortable, since there are many who have requested the same info elsewhere. Has anyone received a PM until now?
Please PM , any feedback will help.It is a big decision
Thanks,
Did you signed up yet? Hope not. We have had A HORRIBLE experience with them. They matched us very quicly with a b-mom before our profiles had even been started. It tourned out the mom was taking prescriptions medications not given by her doctor. Of course we had paid the second fee, and we won't get back! Our sites habe been up for 7 months now, and NOTHING. Not a single match. If we don't call them they don't call us. Of course! What's the rush tu match us if they already have all the money they could had gotten from us! The weird thing is that for ethnicities we have selected the two biggest minorities in the US, and we have not been picked in 7 months??? There is something fishy. When we asked for our money back they said they couldn't give it to us. The two main reason we went with them: the were confiudent that because we were open to so may ethnicities we would have a baby in OUR ARMS in 3 months; and they said they didn't work with b-moms that took drugs... We were so naive... Do your research and look into agencies. They are better connected. All ANLC does is post your profile in their crapy websites... and take your money, of course. You have to realize that so many b-moms are lower income and do not have access to Internet! So, agencies reach more into communities with printed profiles. We are hiring a lawyer to "save us" from the lawyers... Not sure we will see those 20K again. BE VERY CAREFUL!!!
I would advise against using ANLC. Keep this in mind. They are owned by a lawyer and are a for profit company. No matter what level of service they provide, they will get their money and you have no recourse. They did a lousy job for us. We learned the hard way.
Advertisements
I would like to hear from anyone that has experience with the Adoption Network Law Center out of California. Thanks.
Advertisements
We had a good experience with them. I am now the mom of 31/2 month old son who was born this April end.
I would also like to know any info about them...had an initial meeting with them yesterday and liked what I heard.
check out this website they have information regarding this firm.
[url=http://www.adoptionagencyratings.com]Adoption Agency Ratings[/url]
My Husband and I are suppose to start with ANLC Next month. If you had experiences with them good/bad will you please PM me. I am just very nervous about starting the whole process. Thanks!!:flower:
Advertisements
my wife and myself were in the adoption process about 2 1/2 years ago. We were searching on who to go through, we were torn on going through an agency or facilitator. We originally called ANLC because our friends went through them. (which they weren't fully satisfied and were frustrated with ANLC through the process)... We still decided to give them a call because our friends were just so happy with their little baby.
this is my thoughts as i went through many phone interviews and calls.
they butter you up through the calls on the pre-screen making you feel like you are the perfect person for adoption and to get you to sign up with them. Which feels great when they say that, but its just a sales tactic.
then as you talk to them on what you are hoping in a baby it kind of felt like you are buying a car. If you don't care if its a boy or girl, race, etc then we can get you the lowest cost. If you make a preference (race/sex/etc) then its going to cost you more. Race/sex/etc wasn't a concern to us, but when they said "if you are open to any race/sex, then more likely you will be getting a black baby boy." I was annoyed at that comment, because its degrading!
So from that, we closed the book on ANLC.
we ended up going through another facilitator in Costa Mesa, CA (Ais4Adoption) and the process was very comfortable. Their office is small and they deal with only a handful of people at one time. Though costly, they were very helpful. They pre-screen birthmothers and only select to work with birthparents who are clean and now that adoption is the best thing for their baby. Through them, we were matched within 2 months. We met with the birth parents multiple times to build a relationship with them and so they could trust us and 5 months later we were at the hospital waiting for our baby boy. Now our baby is 1.5yrs old and keeps us running around.
sorry this was long, and poor grammer, but if you have any questions, PM ME!
sorry i didn't see the rule on talking about companies...it won't let me edit the post above. If a mod can delete it that would be great.
If you have any questions regarding ANLC please PM me.