Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi,
Seems pretty quiet on this forum. My name is Karen and I live in Clive, IA. My husband and I adopted our son from Guatemala in 2005. Currently, we're waiting for a referral from Taiwan. We're excited to be adopting again. Love to hear from other Iowa families who have also adopted or who are thinking about adoption!!!
Karen
We are starting domestic adoption. We are from Eastern Iowa. My grandparents live in Urbandale and my good friends live in Altoona though, so we come visit the Des Moines area lots.
Advertisements
Hi Sarah16,
Where in Eastern Iowa are you from? I lived in the Quad Cities (Le Claire) for 5 years.
Best wishes on your adoption journey!
Karen
We are from the Quad Cities!!!! We just got our packet of paperwork for the first phase of our homestudy.
I miss the Quad Cities and the river!! Congrats on starting your homestudy! That's the easy part...waiting is the hardest. :)
Hi
My name is Ashley and I am from Des Moines, Iowa. I am living in Antigua right now, but will be home with my son in April. We are waiting on Pink Slip. I used to work in Clive, before I came here, and my husband works down town. It is so nice to see other locals. My son was born 10/16/06.
Advertisements
April is not that far off. You will be coming back when it starts getting nicer out. I'm ready for some spring weather.
I am looking forward to going home. The weather has been really nice here, so I missed most of winter, but never know with Iowa winter when the last snow fall will be. I am anxious to see how Sam reacts to it.
Sam's mom,
How long have you been in Antigua? How old is your son? We hope to go to Antigua when we take our son back to Guatemala. (years from now) I'm sure it's a beautiful city! Enjoy the weather!
Karen :)
Hi Karen,
I have been in Antigua for 2 months now. It is very beautiful, but very crazy right now. There are easily 30,000 people here for Holy Week, so not so great for Sam and I. Sam is 1 and a half, he was born 10/16/06. The weather is great, but getting a little too hot with rainy season approaching! Hows the weather back home?
Advertisements
Have you seen any parades? I've only seen pictures of a Holy Week parade.
You're not missing any great weather here! The snow has melted around the DSM area. The highs are only in the low 40's.
Do you travel into Guatemala City? Have you been to the Tikal Ruins?
Hey Sam's mom.
We're from Des Moines. We were in Antigua in December and January for an extended vacation. I'm sorry we didn't meet you. I'm going back in April for a quick trip with my sister. We love Guatemala! We have 3 children from Guatemala - twins who are 3 1/2 and a little boy who is 18 months. His birthday is 10/8/06 almost the same as your little guy. We fostered during our adoptions as well.
When will you be getting home?
Sara