Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
First, Welcome to the forums! You are in no hurry to make any decisions just yet. Have you been to the Dr.? That would be the first place to start, the second would be to find an unbiased person to talk to about researching your options, someone who has absolutely nothing to gain from whether you place or parent. You have decided against abortion, you are left with 2 options, parent or place. Please research both thoroughly, neither is an easy road. If you are concerned about being a single mom, look to find some single mom's who are successfully parenting. Look to Birth mom's who have placed, new birth mom's and birth mom's who are further in to their journey.
As for expense, there should be no expense to you to find adoptive parents for your child, if that is what you decide to do. We have a Safe Haven birth mom here on A.com, her screen name is "Thanksgivingmom", please find her and take a look at her posts, PM her, she is a wonderful person with alot of insight on Safe Haven.
As for the potential adoptive parents being who they say they are, they go through intense homestudies to adopt, yes there are horror stories but I think they are the minority and not the majority. Take your time, look at as many couples as you need to until you "feel" it and then make your decision. This is your baby and until you sign saying otherwise, it is your decision as to who, how, where and what. I have rambled alot here, I have tons more advice for you if you want to hear, Please PM me if I can help!
Best of luck and take your time! Research, research:grouphug: