Advertisements
Advertisements
bc i've now waited 2 weeks. :( i must've called every number i had yesterday and no one wanted to check up on this.what the heck? it is the LAST thing we need for our son's birthsibling to be placed with us!
AND....while i'm at it. why is that (at least in CA), a foster parent can leave a child with a babysitter that is not licensed, not printed, no cpr, and no background check, but i can't have an unsupervised visit with the child they called me about when i have been printed, and cleared as recently as 18 months ago, cpr certified, a cleared background check, a cleared homestudy and housing walk thru, and i have the biosibling. bug.
This is not what you want to hear, but we waited MUCH MUCH longer... two months for me and I had to be printed twice.
Good luck... and yes the double standard is ridiculous.
Advertisements
I was told it could take up to six weeks to get fingerprints back.
I hope it doesn't take that long. I will go nuts waiting. LOL.
How is your little guy?
It was taking so long for my husband's livescan fingerprints to clear that we had them redone. They cleared in 48 hours. I am convinced that the home service guy I hired did not do them right the first time. He did them the second time for free, and it happened quickly.
Wow, those sound like pretty good times. Ours took 3 months and the current average in Washington state is 3-4 months. And yes, we have lots of folks getting frustrated and giving up.
It's too bad they haven't figured out how to make it faster.
Do all of yours go to the FBI too? I'm told that's what takes so much time.
Have patience. :)
My husband, daughter and I got ours done this past Wed. I had a letter the next day after work saying mine and my daughters had come back fine and was approved. I haven't gotten a reply on hubbies yet. Although, I did talk to the folks at the agency and they said they had all of our paper work except for 2 of our references so I'm wondering if I just didn't put down an email notification on his. We were told it would take 1 to 2 days since we were doing the electronic ones and that if we had gone with the ink type it would have taken 6 to 8 weeks to get a response. I am in Indiana if that matters
Advertisements
When we got ours done for Foster Parent licensing we waited about 2 months and ended up having to then have them done a second time because they got "lost". After the second time the results arrived about 3 weeks later and we were able to finally go on and finalize our licensing. We're about to do it again for the adoption home study of our little one and are hoping this time works out much smoother and faster than the last.