Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
My dad is still an alcoholic. I was neglected too but my sister took care of me because my mom was depressed. I tried killing myself a few times growing up. My mom and I are VERY close now, and she has changed a lot but my dad has not. I have cut him out of my life, unless he will sincerely apologize and change his bad behavior. I think the State will see this as a positive parenting skill so that our household is full of positive people, not negative people. My mom and dad divorced when I was 10. My sister is not living as a good role model for her two kids. Our bio kids stayed at her house, but I would not have the foster child, because my sister's husband is abusive and has anger issues. My sister's daughter is exhibiting a lot of rebelling and out of control behavior, but she is an angel with me, and part of me wishes I could 'save' her but nothing I can do but support her. And of course there's no visible abuse, so nothing I can do.
jamie2882
Our interviews were more along the lines of "tell me your life story starting from as far back as you can remember". This was kind of the take off point, then she would ask questions about certain things or tell us to elaborate on something. Now we're having a follow up interview to fill in any blanks. They definitely want all the little details, nothing is too personal. I myself had a rough childhood, surrounded by alcoholics, drug abuse, neglect, and emotional abuse. I probably SHOULD have been a foster kid. The social worker said experiences like these worked to our advantage because I could relate or understand what these kids are going through.