Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: adopted men
I understand what you mean about not being married and not being attached to anyone. I spend my entire life up until age 34 pretty much womanizing. I dated a lot of great women and the same thing happened again and again. We would be getting along great and then as if on autopilot, I would become emotionally detached and drift away from them. I broke up with almost all of them within 2-5 months because I felt there was no passion and I didn't feel a connection. As it turns out the problem was me...
I can relate to that, I am a 33 year old male adoptee, just found bmom 3 months ago. It was very emotional, feelings I never realized I had. I am divorced with 2 kids, and have never connected all that well either. It was a driving reason to search for bmom, after watching August Rush on a date. We split up a couple weeks later and I started wondering if my being adopted had contributed to my relationship problems. I did a lot of research and found it was common for adoptees to have relationship problems, and problems connecting. I have always been shy and withdrawn. I was amazed to learn of a lot of these things since I was adopted at birth, I had never thought much about it. Since finding my bmom, I have found that I was definately missing that part of my life. I want to talk to her all the time, and thankfully she is the same way. I have grown very close with my half sisters also, but have not had a big desire to meet my brother or father. I have met both of my bfathers daughters (my half sisters), and he wants to see me, I just have not been in a hurry. Maybe there is something to that with some sort of female connection missing, I dont know. I wish there was a magic fix, and if anyone knows of anything let me know, but I think there is something to relationships and connections with male adoptees.